Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Can't get into gaming anymore

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have a problem. I just can't get into gaming anymore. I want to though. I want to feel that old feel of having fun, getting deep into the game etc. I just can't anymore. I actually force myself. I will even buy a game thinking "I will get deep in this game, it will be the best ever"! But I end up losing interest so fast. Whats wrong with me? Why can't I relieve the old fun past of gaming like the feeling I had playing the NES, Super NES, Playstation etc? Am I just getting to old? I will hop on play for like 10 minutes then I am done. I hate it. Anyone else going through this? Is it an age thing?

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I went through this a while ago, several times actually, and a break fixed it for me. Right now I am enjoying games quite a bit. Played through Gears of War 2 on Insane difficulty then played through 3 on normal. I am playing through Gears 2 coop with ndboarder as well. I finished Titanfall 2 within 6 days and enjoyed it and am now playing through the new Call of Duty on veteran difficulty. My love of gaming has returned despite not getting time like I used to.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I am playing through Gears 2 coop with ndboarder as well.
Traitor!

I hate it, the last games I were able to complete were Trine 1 & 2. I just want those feels back, like Shadow of the Colossus, Tales of Symphonia, etc.

C Pav

Members
Traitor!

I hate it, the last games I were able to complete were Trine 1 & 2. I just want those feels back, like Shadow of the Colossus, Tales of Symphonia, etc.
Only because you don't play anything anymore, he does, he never played it much before, and I wanted a few cleanup achievements. 

C Pav

Members
That's another game I was big into, Battlefield 2, and even 2142. Remember all the hours @C Pav?
Oh yeah, Battlefield 2 I put in over 400 hours. Got into it big time when I worked at the school with a few coworkers I played with. One week we played from like 8 to 2 in the morning every night.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Oh yeah, Battlefield 2 I put in over 400 hours. Got into it big time when I worked at the school with a few coworkers I played with. One week we played from like 8 to 2 in the morning every night.
So are you playing the new ones then?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I played through the single player of Battlefield: Hardline but have not touched 3, 4 or the new one yet. Thinking I may give the new one a run soon.
You going to be playing it on PC or console? I love seeing the videos online of the new one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Console even though Battlefield is best on a PC.
That's my problem, I have a hard time playing these on a console. Don't matter much now that I no longer have my gaming PC, gave it to my parents. Water-cooled, gaming mouse and keyboard, all gone. :(

C Pav

Members
That's your stupid decision making and thought process on this "change" phase you are going through. Come to your senses. First off you don't just throw over, what 30 years, of gaming away. As much as my wife and I argue about games I will not give it up and she knows that. Sure I change my amount of game time and when I play but being in it over 30 years it's part of me, my hobby, my passion my desire and enjoyment. Yes, son and family come first but I need something as a hobby and games it is.

I don't know man, just don't know.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Nodle, tabletop gaming... I might know a guy who could hook you up...
I wish man. I only played a couple of time there but had a great time. I don't think there is a place like that around for probably 3 hours around here.

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
I don't have the same type of life as you but I have had a hard time doing the same thing. I play games as a time fill but I haven't gotten into a really good single player "zone" in a long time. I know the feeling. I want to play Fallout 4 so bad right now but I just can't.... focus on it. It feels like there aren't enough hours in the day. And I have nothing to do! Lol. I need someone to watch me play or take turns or something. Anyway yea

Last edited by a moderator: