To smart for your own good

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think that people that are really smart can be catorigized also as a little crazy? I mean i always wonder if some part of there Brain has to make room for the "smartness"? lol that doesn't make much sense, but then again it does. I mean look at people like Stephen Hawking. His body is messed up but he is still smart. Is that because he is messed up? Alot of early  geniuses we ridiculed and thought to be "mad" because of their knowledge.

He was a genius prior to getting sick however, the condition was a motivational factor.

He was a genius prior to getting sick however, the condition was a motivational factor.
Aren't there alot of cases with people being in car accidents, and waking up with like more knowledge? I swear i have read a few of these, i will try to find them.

It seems like the genius people of the world often lack in other areas such as social skills.  Too much room taken up for smarts, not enough left for other things.  :twisted:

It seems like the genius people of the world often lack in other areas such as social skills.  Too much room taken up for smarts, not enough left for other things.  :twisted:
True. A friend of mine knew this guy way back in the day that was real smart with computers. But he was too afraid to go outside and would stay in all day. Had to have people go out and get his groceries for him etc.

It seems like the genius people of the world often lack in other areas such as social skills.  Too much room taken up for smarts, not enough left for other things.   :twisted:
True. A friend of mine knew this guy way back in the day that was real smart with computers. But he was too afraid to go outside and would stay in all day. Had to have people go out and get his groceries for him etc.
That's me. Xenophobe all the way. Cept for the real smart part.  :-D

It seems like the genius people of the world often lack in other areas such as social skills.  Too much room taken up for smarts, not enough left for other things.   :twisted:
But, does conditions such as a lack of social skills, or the fear of going outside contribute to such a person's intelligence/knowledge.  If one has such incapacities time others spend on such activities is devoted elsewhere, such as study or just working with something (such as a computer) that you are comfortable with.

But, does conditions such as a lack of social skills, or the fear of going outside contribute to such a person's intelligence/knowledge.  If one has such incapacities time others spend on such activities is devoted elsewhere, such as study or just working with something (such as a computer) that you are comfortable with.
Well I had a feeling someone might approach it from that angle.  Can argue it both ways i spose.

Back