Required STD shots in Texas

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So what's everyone thoughts on this? I can't believe they are enforcing it. I mean what happens if girls didn't want to have sex? Why are they still forced to get it? Shouldn't it be up to the parents to decide? I believe this is just one of the first steps, which will be followed by more and more states. What's really in these shots anyways? Seems kinda fast and sudden doesn't it? :tinfoil:

Reminds me of the test the did to Puerto Rico...

In the 1930s, U.S. eugenics and birth control movements inspired experimentation on Puerto Rican women. Claiming overpopulation contributed significantly to poverty there, the United States initiated a sterilization program in 1938, with an estimated one third of Puerto Rican women of childbearing age sterilized by the 1970s. During the 1950s, Puerto Rican women also served as subjects of research for early oral contraceptives, which contained dangerously high doses of hormones. The program was not reflective of any more general development supporting women's reproductive rights, as women were largely kept ignorant of other real contraceptive choices, and even of the consequences of tubal ligation itself. Rather, it was publicly promoted as an economic solution directly affecting women who would not lose precious time on the job due to childbearing. Women supplied the majority of labor in poorly-paid garment production, and corporations had a vested interest in keeping them working. In addition, authorities hoped that the Puerto Rican experiment could serve as a model for economic development through population control.

I heard parents can opt out for their children.

Really? Where did you see this at. From what i have heard the guy that passed they law has ties with with the pharmaceutical company.

Really? Where did you see this at. From what i have heard the guy that passed they law has ties with with the pharmaceutical company.
On the news yesterday I am pretty sure they stated that the parents can say if they do not want their child getting the shots.

HPV really sucks for the people that get it.  Even more, you don't have to even have sex to get HPV.  A person can contract HPV on any open sore spot of their body that comes in contact with it.  Example: You have an open zit that you popped on your face and you kiss someone who has HPV on their face, now you got it too.  A vaccination obviously is not a free pass to have sex, their are many other STD's out there.  I'm not sure exactly how this vaccination works, does it prevent HPV or does it only prevent cervical cancer?? I'm not sure, but if I were a parent, I would actually consider this.  Cervical cancer is a major threat to women, it's one of the reasons they have to get PAP's done yearly and if I could protect my daughter from it, I just might let her get the shot.....

HPV really sucks for the people that get it.  Even more, you don't have to even have sex to get HPV.  A person can contract HPV on any open sore spot of their body that comes in contact with it.  Example: You have an open zit that you popped on your face and you kiss someone who has HPV on their face, now you got it too.  A vaccination obviously is not a free pass to have sex, their are many other STD's out there.  I'm not sure exactly how this vaccination works, does it prevent HPV or does it only prevent cervical cancer?? I'm not sure, but if I were a parent, I would actually consider this.  Cervical cancer is a major threat to women, it's one of the reasons they have to get PAP's done yearly and if I could protect my daughter from it, I just might let her get the shot.....
Ya I'm not saying it's a bad decision i just think it needs to be up to the parents to decide. Forcing someone to get something like that isn't right even if it is good for you. Hey we all know vegetables are good for us, but i don't want someone forcing me to eat them.

The following discussion is rated EC-10

Ya I'm not saying it's a bad decision i just think it needs to be up to the parents to decide. Forcing someone to get something like that isn't right even if it is good for you. Hey we all know vegetables are good for us, but i don't want someone forcing me to eat them.
Agreed

Back