Thinking about getting back into Astronomy

$1200? Serious? Tell me you really feel you will get that much worth from it? And you rip on me for spending a dime on my hobbies?  How about for $50 you come on over on a full moon night, look up at the moon then I kick you in the nuts so you can lie on the ground and stare at it for a while?

$1200? Serious? Tell me you really feel you will get that much worth from it? And you rip on me for spending a dime on my hobbies?  How about for $50 you come on over on a full moon night, look up at the moon then I kick you in the nuts so you can lie on the ground and stare at it for a while?
Well if you read above, I got a deal on the stuff, no where near that price. Too good to pass up. How about after you kick me in my nuts you come  over in your new vehicle and pick me up and I'll come over and we turn on your oled tv and relax together?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone is going to be shopping for an athletic cup on amazon next. Will it be on sale?

Well if you read above, I got a deal on the stuff, no where near that price. Too good to pass up. How about after you kick me in my nuts you come  over in your new vehicle and pick me up and I'll come over and we turn on your oled tv and relax together?
Touche` can't take money with us when we die! Editing in same goes for belongings but between having money or things I spend money on I'll take things to enjoy over having loads of money saved up.

I'll take things to enjoy over having loads of money saved up.
Then why are you mad at me spending money?

Then why are you mad at me spending money?
Your reply and my touche` mad me rethink my comments and realize you are right...but why do you always make me feel bad when I buy something?

but why do you always make me feel bad when I buy something?
I don't I like it when you buy stuff, I miss the old @C Pav, day one consoles, day one hand helds, sports cars, hookers, eBay games...

Ordered a Skyportal, a splitter and a battery pack for my telescope.

Got to play with my Skyportal the other night. It worked well, nice to be able just to use your phone control. I like the display that shows you what is best to look at that night, with a small photo of what you will be looking at.

Just ordered a Celestron focal reducer/corrector f/6.3. Finally Amazon will have them in stock this Friday. I have been checking everyday for about a month now.

So looking forward to getting my telescopes out again, it's been to long of a winter. I can't wait for those warm summer nights again. I haven't even got to try out my focal reducer yet. :geek:

Loved this video. I have said it before that everyone really needs to look at the Moon and other objects through a telescope sometime in their lifetime. I love the people's reactions. That is how most people react when they first see the Moon through a telescope.

Went out and cleaned my telescope lenses last night and waxed my shell. I also ordered lens cleaning kit, artificial star for collimation, and a new dielectric diagonal.

d-125d-c-db_01a.png

Yup that's real carbon fiber. :)

Have you ever caught a TR-3B out flying about with yours Nodle?

Have you ever caught a TR-3B out flying about with yours Nodle?
No but you would be surprised all the stuff moving fast out there. That is the problem, no one ever looks up at the sky anymore.

No I haven't @Davidc . It does look legit from the video. Looks like a rolling wave from an explosion. You will see a lot of heat waves rising sometimes. Just like when you look at the edge of a hot car hood. But the way that one rolls is different. Interesting. :alien:

I am having a guy cnc me a fine focus knob for my telescope. :cool:

Put my Bob's Knobs on last night. Also fixed a small problem with my focuser. I honestly think the guy I bought it from never used it. He had never even ran the focuser up all the way and spread the grease up the shaft for the primary mirror. I don't think he ever focused the thing. :LOL:

Back