Bitcoins and Cryptocurrencies

So what is everyone's thoughts on a good time to wait to invest in Bitcoin or not?  It's over $4,400, would you wait for another dip to happen (maybe down to $2-3K) or do you think it will crash?  I know it's a little late to the rags to riches game, but am becoming interested.

So what is everyone's thoughts on a good time to wait to invest in Bitcoin or not?  It's over $4,400, would you wait for another dip to happen (maybe down to $2-3K) or do you think it will crash?  I know it's a little late to the rags to riches game, but am becoming interested.
I wouldn't touch it, but that is just me. Something with such a boom is bound to take a dip or fall completely flat. I don't see what is really backing it.

A feller could get a couple of them to diversify. (at the next dip)

I would vote no on it as well. But if you are feeling adventurous, wait for a big dip. It will happen, very volatile.

Crashing hard lately. I heard China is cracking down on Bitcoin investing over there.

Will it continue on without China? I heard they was some of the biggest buyers. 

Will it continue on without China? I heard they was some of the biggest buyers. 
I know they have some of the largest Bitcoin operations over there.

If only we would have purchased at 3500. A feller could have doubled his money.
Honestly I still wouldn't dabble in it. Unless they have changed things it's not so easy to purchase/sell.

Question is, why aren't they suppressing it like they do other markets? Seems the powers that be always are able to get into the so called markets and do whatever they like. Why not this time?

Question is, why aren't they suppressing it like they do other markets? Seems the powers that be always are able to get into the so called markets and do whatever they like. Why not this time?
I'm no expert. But I don't think they like it due to not being able to control. Since it's anonymous money you can't tax it, limit it, etc. (my personal opinion is it's booming due to terrorist activities, money laundering, collapsing of foreign governments, and the average joes thinking they are going to get rich due to all the media coverage.)

I've heard that actually paying for things in Bitcoin is not that easy of a process either, even for places that accept it as payment.

So the Gov does what it can to try to keep a lid on it.

I think the government itself has a lot of corrupt people living bitcoin for their own laundering needs.

Last  month or two, when the price was over 4k, a guy i know who's doing this for himself and other people, making good money of them too, wanting me to get in now before it's too late. I said I would  when it goes back down to 3k. Sure enough, within a week it went down that low for just some hours, and shot back up the same day. Now look at it, do i regret not getting in? Not really, it's fast money and i would have  needed to put my money in an online bank account which accepts transfers to bitcoin. I'm just not comfortable with the whole thing.

I heard there's to be a futures market for Bitcoins. Let the manipulation begin.

Does anyone currently have any cryptocurrencies or planning on going into it? 

Back