Secret of Mana 2 - English port

ryanator

Reaction score
Was thinking about nostalgic games today and came across Secret of Mana's successor unofficially ported over to English (Seiken Densetsu 3 in Japan) - https://www.jjgames.com/product/25545/secret-of-mana-2-(english-reproduction)-super-nintendo

Was always wanting a Secret of Mana 2, looks like this was it.  This is out of stock, but wonder if these would be worth it.  There are other unofficially ports out there, but some don't work well.  This game was rated very highly too, some say this would have easily have been a SNES classic if it came over to the US at the time.  And to mention, will always hold Chrono Trigger and Illusion of Gaia in my heart of memories.

Also makes me think of how common it was for many Japanese game to be ported officially in the US with different names and such (Final Fantasys come to mind).

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I get so nostalgic thinking back about the original. The music is pretty much stuck in my head. 

Thanks for this as I am now interested in it.

Looks like this is coming to the PS4.

Never did play that one.

5 hours ago, nodle said:Looks like this is coming to the PS4.

As well as the PC and Vita. I am excited but would be great on the Switch and DS.

The music, man the music takes me back. @ryanator will agree. Simpler  times with many memories.

This is getting released soon, I know @C Pav is getting it, are you @ryanator?
I played the rom and while it was ok, the playing dynamics was out dated.  I won't be interested in the remake, unless they make major changes in the dynamics...*edit, Oh I see this is for the original, could be cool...

I played the rom and while it was ok, the playing dynamics was out dated.  I won't be interested in the remake, unless they make major changes in the dynamics...*edit, Oh I see this is for the original, could be cool...
Funny how back when the original came out and we got played it there wa something magical about it. We loved the game play, style and music. It still holds a very nostalgic place in my mind but the more I think of it the more I question how enjoyable the combat system holds up.LOL I see you edited yours and I didn't read that. SO 2 has some really different game play compared to the original. For me the traditional Final Fantasy style turn based RPG battle system is my favorite and holds up. Hack and slash style to me not so much. I played a handheld Mana game on the gameboy and although it wasn't bad I didn't like the fighting as much.

Back