Call 911, Get Murdered

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
This is kinda off subject, but this weekend I went hiking with my sister. Surprisingly we ran into a few other hikers/fishermen out in the middle of nowhere. What I found interesting besides the friendliness of everyone, was how everyone was open carrying including myself. It was a cool feeling, no one really cared either. Most of them were women as well. It gave me a glimpse of what a true America could be like if everyone could open carry at all times, no one would think it was strange.
That's awesome. 

Isoroku Yamamoto - You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
I forgot to mention that when you are pulled over, they run your plate and CC is listed in the details they have access to. 

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I forgot to mention that when you are pulled over, they run your plate and CC is listed in the details they have access to. 
From what your concealed carry license? As far as I know it doesn't go on your record like this.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Maybe some but not around here, it's doesn't make much sense either since your family members could be driving the vehicle, or say you had a rental car etc.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
"Answer is yes TA. When either a license plate or driver's license inquiry is run through NCIC (National Crime Information Center, a nationwide network with a series of databases maintained by the FBI), the permit is tagged to the person in the same way that an arrest warrant alert is. If another state runs it, same thing. Only way it won't show up is if your state doesn't participate in the CWP database, but most do."

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
When I took the class to acquire the permit, the instructor said if pulled over, the best idea is to hand your concealed permit card to the officer along with your license and vehicle registration. 

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I wouldn't say anything unless asked, at least that is the way it is in our state. Now if he would tell me to step out of the vehicle, then I would probably mention it.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
escalation...  people afraid to tell the police they have a CC and a weapon in the vehicle or on them, police afraid people don't/won't tell them - shit happens, people become more afraid, police become more afraid - repeat and worsen

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Those with power are held to a higher standard. Official misconduct under the color of law is a serious offense. Qualified immunity is lost. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Later in the video, when Yanez is interviewed by another officer, he admits that he didn’t actually see Castile grab for a gun. He notes, however, that he was nervous after he asked to see Castile’s license, and Castile “had his grip a lot wider than a wallet.” Yanez says: “I didn’t know where the gun was, he didn’t tell me where the fuckin’ gun was, and then it was just gettin’ hanky. He was just staring straight ahead, and I was gettin’ fuckin’ nervous and then … I told him to get his fuckin’ hand off his gun … Fuck.” Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and her 4-year-old daughter were in the car at the time. Reynolds live-streamed the aftermath of the shooting, which brought worldwide attention to the case. A jury on Friday found Yanez not guilty on a charge of second-degree manslaughter and two counts of reckless discharge of a firearm. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Whenever I get stopped by the police I try to lighten the moment with little comments like, “you’re not gonna look in the trunk, are ya?” or “didn’t I see you get your ass kicked on COPS last night?” The officer always says, “good one, sir!”, we talk about football and shit, then he tells me, “tell ya what, you’re white, so you’re free to go, sir. No ticket today!” Good times, good times.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
The problem is that the good ones rarely turn in or report the bad ones because they want to keep their jobs. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Aiken, SC — A South Carolina couple who was strip searched and sodomized in public by Aiken police has settled a lawsuit against four officers. The incident was recorded on dash cam and is nothing short of disgusting.

According to the Beaumont Enterprise, documents filed in federal court late last week show Lakeya Hicks and Elijah Pontoon stipulated to the dismissal of their lawsuit against police officers for the City of Aiken. Court papers didn’t include an amount of the settlement. But a document obtained by the Aiken Standard indicated the city’s insurer is paying a $150,000 settlement.

On Oct. 2, 2014, Lakeya Hicks and Elijah Pontoon had broken no law, violated no traffic code and were simply driving down the road when they were targeted and pulled over by Aiken police officer Chris Medlin.

Medlin explained to the couple that he stopped them because they had temporary tags on the car. According to South Carolina law, there is nothing wrong with temp tags, so long as they aren’t expired. Hicks explained that she had recently purchased the car, and that is the reason for the tags. Medlin even tells the couple that the tags check out.

The stop, which never should have happened in the first place, should have ended right then. However, Medlin, working on a ‘hunch’, just knew that this couple was up to no good. Medlin orders Pontoon out of the car and handcuffs him — for no reason.

“Because of your history, I’ve got a dog coming in here. Gonna walk a dog around the car,” says this tyrant, and apparently racist, cop.

“You gonna pay for this one, boy,” Medlin said preparing to sexually assault this couple in public.

Pontoon had no history though, at least not since 2006, which is hardly a reason to stop the man eight years later.

After unlawfully detaining the couple, with no probable cause, a drug dog shows up but it finds nothing. Again, this illegal stop should have ended here. But it didn’t, and, instead, got much worse.

By now, there are four officers on the scene, one of whom is a female. Medlin then tells the female officer to “search her real good,” referring to Hicks. While the search of Hicks happened off camera, according to a federal lawsuit filed by attorney Robert Phillipsit involved exposing Hicks’ breasts in the public area. Mind you, this is at noon on a Friday.

After sexually assaulting Hicks and finding nothing, the cops then direct their attention to Pontoon.

“You’ve got something here right between your legs. There’s something hard right there between your legs.” Medlin says, noting that he’s going to “put some gloves on.”

Again, the cops appear to move out of the view of the camera to protect themselves while sodomizing a man on the public roadside. However, the graphic audio leaves no room for speculation as to what happened.

As cops launch their assault on this innocent man’s rectum, Pontoon complains that they are grabbing his hemorrhoid.

“I’ve had hemorrhoids, and they ain’t that hard,” replies the apparently racist, and now rapist, cop.

As Radly Balko pointed out in his article on the Post last year, at about 12:47:15 in the video, the audio actually suggests that two officers may have inserted fingers into Pontoon’s rectum, as one asks, “What are you talking about, right here?” The other replies, “Right straight up in there.”

The cops continue their attack on this innocent man for several minutes, moving their fingers in and out of his rectum searching for non-existent drugs.
“If that’s hemorrhoid, that’s a hemorrhoid, all right? But that don’t feel like no hemorrhoid to me,” one officer says as he sexually assaults Pontoon.

Much to the rapist and racist cops’ chagrin, they found nothing. Medlin then tells Pontoon to turn around and says, “Now I know you from before, from when I worked dope. I seen you. That’s why I put a dog on the car.”

Medlin effectively admits that he had no probable cause to stop the couple, as Pontoon lacks any charges for nearly a decade. He then lets the couple off with a “courtesy warning.” However, as the Post points out, according to the complaint, there’s no indication of what the warning was actually for. Perhaps it was to warn to steer clear of police officers in Aiken.

Naturally, the department has maintained that strip searching an innocent woman while sodomizing her innocent boyfriend in public is standard procedure and they did nothing wrong.

“This settlement is in the resolution of a doubtful and disputed claim,” the document states. “…This settlement does not represent an admission of liability on the part of the City of Aiken or any of its law enforcement officers.”

None of the officers involved in the public rape were ever disciplined.

The vileness of the state’s wicked and immoral war on drugs has reared its repugnant face. When will the rest of society see that face and wake up to this atrocity? When will the people say “enough is enough,” and that finger raping innocent people on the roadside in search of arbitrary substances is no longer welcome in our culture?