Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Border Wall

Let's have a vote on the proposed border wall dividing the US and Mexico.

• Yes it is a good idea.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, what a waste of money.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Need more specifics on the structure before deciding.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Complete waste of money - wont' stop anything or even slow things that already happen
I think it will help. Put some armed guards at the top with some sniper rifles, take out a few and let the word spread.

But I can honestly see this causing more and more riots. It's going to come I can tell.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
What if they were to put in a mine field? Like a half mile swath of land mines all across the border. Maybe the pressure sensitive type and motion detection styles. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
I think it will help. Put some armed guards at the top with some sniper rifles, take out a few and let the word spread.

But I can honestly see this causing more and more riots. It's going to come I can tell.
It's not like we can go to Mexico and go on welfare. They'd lock our asses up and ask for a 10,000 dollar ransom. How are we expected to provide what they are not in turn willing to provide?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Holy moly... a wall, armed guards, guns, shoot people, mine fields....  Sounds like Berlin.  

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Berlin was to keep people in. We want to keep law breakers out. If we don't start upholding laws, then who gets to decide which laws can be broken?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Whether to keep people in or out could always change - and there's two sides to either wall.  I still don't foresee a wall helping much and I think there are bigger concerns at this point in time. The country already can't pay bills it has, how can it afford a wall.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Whether to keep people in or out could always change - and there's two sides to either wall.  I still don't foresee a wall helping much and I think there are bigger concerns at this point in time. The country already can't pay bills it has, how can it afford a wall.
You do raise some interesting and valid points and you're probably right that we have bigger concerns (wall would be cosmetic). I'm not so sure the immigrants are all that attracted to the once great country anymore. Record number of expats now. 

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I'm concerned about the funding as well. I like the premise of it but being somewhat fiscally conservative, the price tag is tough to swallow. That and I'm not sure who would spray the weeds in my lawn anymore if they can't get in.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I guess a letter was just sent out to certain government agencies urging US citizens to take extra precautions if traveling to Mexico. Basically to stay out if travel isn't necessary. Increased level of drug cartel violence, kidnappings, and muggins apparently.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
The U.S. government has awarded a Montana-based company a contract worth more than $73 million to design and build replacement fencing along 20 miles (32 kilometers) of the U.S.-Mexico border in southern New Mexico, officials confirmed Wednesday.
Local town got it!

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
$73 million? FOR 20 MILES? And we have how many miles to build? Stupidest idea ever.