What's new
Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Board games

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
What a lost art huh? I remember back in the day everyone's closet was full of board games. They wife picked up 'Sorry' the other day for something to do. It was fun. I remember going over to friends houses on new years eating snacks and playing board games. Does anyone have any other recommendations for some good board games?

Robyn

Circus seal
Members
I love Life, I just bought my daughter the Life twists and turns game.... it's not as fun as the original but still a good time.

I also remember playing trouble as a kid, that was one of my favorites.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
Battleship is fun.

The nephews got mousetrap from grandma.

Scrabble is good.

I had a period where I was researching the variant rules of monopoly

like there really is no jackpot in free-parking.  There is one called horse race, where under one circumstance, I think if two are more are in just visiting, you can gamble on who gets there first.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I despise Monopoly. Risk is a good time, although not much fun with only a couple players. We have Sorry, Life, Scrabble, and Yahtzee (not really a board game) that we play once in a while. I also have Risk, but with two people I don't know that it would be much fun, and I think the 1980's edition of trivial pursuit, but that has rarely gotten played, and again not that great with just two people. I also have an old stash of a lot of MTG cards. Again, not a board game, but my cousins used to be really big on it, so I ended up with quite a few cards and learning to play it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Mmmm Risk. God i use to love playing that. But i don't think the wife would like it that much.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Yes. Think I had that or a friend did.
Wait, didn't we have that? I just watched the video and it brought back lots of memories, I remember playing it a lot, but don't remember a friend having it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So who here remembers Crossfire?

Well I was in Target today and they had a full reproduction for sale, one of my favorite board games of all time, I couldn't pass it up, you just can't find it anymore.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
So who here remembers Crossfire?

Well I was in Target today and they had a full reproduction for sale, one of my favorite board games of all time, I couldn't pass it up, you just can't find it anymore.
Never did play that one.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
My little dude loves playing board games so we stocked up on the classics for Christmas. Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Sorry, even Mario Kart Monopoly etc. Good fun!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Candyland, Chutes and Ladders
Man I almost bought these same ones yesterday. I think board games are great for kids and adults. But with all the advancements of technology they are becoming forgotten. But there is a whole new lineup of adult games out there to play, but you need friends to play with. :(