Coronavirus virus epidemic

To put it in a simple perspective, the coronavirus is less deadly than SARS or MERS, but more contagious due to a longer incubation period. I think the current death rate of the coronavirus is 3%. So it may end up being more deadly in numbers since more people will get sick from it, but less deadly percentage wise.

And the flu kills approximately 650,000 people worldwide annually......

I saw the other day we have no passed the SARS death toll.

China keeping everyone in the dark on this.

China keeping everyone in the dark on this.
Do you think it’s worse than what they are telling us? There could be truth in that considering they control all the media going out.

I was talking to someone about this virus and they brought up an interesting point. Just weeks before this happened China could not get it's citizens off the street. They tried police tactics etc. Now there is not a soul on the streets in fear of the virus. Maybe China created it, to calm their masses. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
The supply chain disruption is really something. As they say, when China gets a sniffle, the world gets a cold. We are seeing that now.
I think that is what Trump is trying to reverse. To quit being so dependent on other countries, and be dependent on our own.

Some of the candidates from the Democratic debate last night were taking shots at Pres. Trump about the handling of the Coronavirus so far. So that is a new tactic that has emerged.

I think a person would be best served to prepare to get the virus. At our ages it looks like we will come out on the good side. But get some supplies to prepare how you would if you get the flu. Pain relief, stuff for dehydration, etc.

I think that is the main problem with this virus. It acts like a common cold. People may not know if they even have it. Same goes for when you come in the country, they might ask where you have been and if you feel sick. Some people might just blow it off as a common cold. I am not all that worried about it myself. How does it actually kill you?

*EDIT sounds like it becomes ammonia and fills your lungs.

Back