Road Rage!!

Saw an old man driving a Semi and talking on a cell phone.  Don't you need two hands to drive a semi???  A little bit of focus maybe???  Old people can't even walk without falling down if they get distracted,  wth man....

Some semi's take two hand to shift the gears too.

Thus is why bluetooth is becoming popular in the trucking world.

One thing in general is 4-way stops, where a person who clearly got to the stop sign before you or someone else, then goes first. Today, I was taking a left while a car in front of me was there first and another vehicle from the left of me a bit after. I let the car in front go straight though, then I proceeded to turn right after, but the vehicle to my left honks his horn and as I was almost done turning, I look at the middle aged man, and he had his window down, head sticking out the window and flipped me off like there was no tomorrow. And I mean he was angry. I was a little unsure about who got to the 4-way stop first, so I asked my wife, and she said I was clearly before him, even if by half a second. I can see where people get in road rages, but best to never engage people like that, they are just angry people who might have many issues, and are mad at the world.

Anymore when I come to a 4-way stop I purposely slow down or speed up to time it so that I don't arrive at the same time as the other person. If I do though I find it easier to just let the other person go, why even fight about it. Honestly a guy that is going to get all huffy and puffy about you going before him has a problem in the first place over a 4-way stop.

Funny this came up. Pulled off interstate into a small ND town just the other day. Came to a 4 way stop with just me and another vehicle and he was there long before I was. We both wait, staring at each other. Finally he waves me through. Had to laugh.

I hate 4 way stops. No one seems to know how they should work. Then you get the folks that more or less know they were there first, but wave you through. Nice gesture and all, but don't, just DON'T. Follow the rules of the road - I feel silly when I'm upset for someone being nice, but right of way isn't something you give up because you are in a good mood, and causes more confusion for any others at the dang stop as well.

I hate 4 way stops. No one seems to know how they should work. Then you get the folks that more or less know they were there first, but wave you through. Nice gesture and all, but don't, just DON'T. Follow the rules of the road - I feel silly when I'm upset for someone being nice, but right of way isn't something you give up because you are in a good mood, and causes more confusion for any others at the dang stop as well.
Exactly especially when it's busy so then it throws off all the other people at the other stops. How about the people who clearly, CLEARLY, stopped way after you and at times after everyone else but they either think they own the road and just go or do the rolling stop and go?

Driving back from lunch yesterday. Guy parked getting his mail from his mailbox, I am coming up behind him and he never looks and just pulls out, I had to slam on my brakes. I want to rage, but then what's the point. He never did look in his rearview mirror once and never did notice me behind him. Same thing on a cross street the other day. A girl comes to the stop sign never looks left or right and just goes I had to slam on my brakes and she pull away and finally takes her eyes off her cell phone on her lap. When I was raised you were always taught to look left and right at an intersection, guess they don't teach that anymore.,

This one is from a few weeks back, but I go to swing though our local McDonalds. It has two drive though lines. So both lines were packed and people were lined up in a single file for the next lane to open. As soon as one would open the person in the single file line would either go left or right. Well it was my turn and I was waiting for one to open. The one on the left opens up and just like everyone else before me I go to move into it. All of a sudden I see this guy out of the corner of my eye and I swerve my car because he almost takes off my side mirror. He didn't want to wait anymore and just squeezed in. I blare my horn and everyone is looking at the guy and he wont even look at me. I was so hot. But then I releasize it just McDonalds so I pulled out of line and just left.

Back