Corn Hole new game fad

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this game big where you're at? This seems like a Southern game, but I know it seems to have caught on and is quite popular here. I have never played it myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah it's big here. I was gifted a nice homemade set by a friend of mine. Pretty fun.

I've never heard it called by this name, but yeah I've seen plenty of bean bag toss games

I've never heard it called by this name, but yeah I've seen plenty of bean bag toss games
That's what I thought it was called, but I guess the new name is "Corn Hole"?

What next, are we going to call hotdish a casserole?

They had a major competition showing on ESPN I saw a few weeks ago. Anything can be made professional.

I believe they have leagues here in town at some of the bars.

It's funny how summer games goes in trends, last year it seems like that ladder toss game was big. I remember growing up and croquet was big.

Quite the setup...

uf5xjuj3oe231.jpg

Meh, summers growing up was for slip and slide! I can see the matted down grass in my mind.

I actually got to play this over the weekend. It was simple but fun. I don't understand the scoring, but it sure is a lot more safe than horse shoes.

What was the scoring? The only scoring I've seen on these games is something like 1 point for a bag on the platform and some number of points if the bag goes through the hole and then a target score to reach in order to win.

What was the scoring? The only scoring I've seen on these games is something like 1 point for a bag on the platform and some number of points if the bag goes through the hole and then a target score to reach in order to win.
Something like you have to hit 21, but like you said something about points about it landing on platform, but I thought there we some about knocking the others off or pushing theirs though the hole?

Something like you have to hit 21, but like you said something about points about it landing on platform, but I thought there we some about knocking the others off or pushing theirs though the hole?
Yeah, I guess teams take turns throwing first or second - after all the bag are thrown you count up the points - so you could knock the opponents bag off the board or accidentally through the hole (scoring them more points). I'm sure there's variations on them too.

Back