Bicycles

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I thought I would get myself a bicycle. I thought no big deal, go on Amazon or Walmart and they are pretty cheap. Has anyone looked lately? :oops: The prices are sky high right now. It must be because of the Corona virus or something. They have gone up all at least $100-$150 since last time I checked. Then to top it off they are almost out of stock everywhere I look and if you do find one the shipping times are insane as well. Guess I was thinking like everyone else.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I noticed other types of home exercise equipment was either really hard to find or extremely expensive. I just wanted some dumbbells, can't find most weights at Wal-Mart, and online the same brand is very expensive.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well went to order my bike, and of course went out of stock. Then found a better one and said 6 in stock tossed it in cart and checked out, went back to the decription page and was already out of stock already. They are just insane to get right now. Oh well i am happy with the one I grabbed. I don't ride much anymore, will just be for some dirt roads and paved streets. Good enough for me.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Finally got my bike yesterday and put it together. There is some assembly required, make sure to watch your cable. Also had to adjust my front disc brake, but it's all learning. Took it for a spin in the yard and now my hip hurts (I'm getting old). Ordered a bunch of accessories for it today.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Now that I have been reading up on bikes some, I went home last night and took my Wife's bike out and de-greased the back sprocket and chain. I never really understood bike and I must had used a nasty grease on it and the chain was gunked up. Now I will probably dry lube the chain. Next I noticed her lower bracket it lose and gunked up. I watched some Youtube videos last night and am going to attempt to pull it apart and re-grease the bearing. Will probably do the stem bearings while I am at it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Pulled the Wife's bike apart tonight, cleaned out the lower bracket and re-packed the bearings with grease, then the the lower and upper bearings in the stem as well, then adjusted both her brakes. The bike is going to be like a brand new machine now. :cool:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have fully messed up my bike, wasn't shifting properly, then tried fixing the front derailleur, and no matter what can't get it to work properly. Now I have frayed my cable so am going to have to order a new one.