F.E.A.R. video game

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well after reading a little bit about this game last night, I decided to download the single player demo and give it a go. Well that did it for me, I was too scared playing the game. I finished the demo but it scared me to bad. It's not like its a horror game it reminded me of the movie "The Grudge". By the way, don't try playing this game on a wimpy system either.

http://www.whatisfear.com/us/

I have the game and it is pretty graphic and scary at times. Beats Doom 3 by a mile in terms of gameplay and fun. Of course we are comparing a FPS(F.E.A.R.) to a flashflight simulator(Doom 3). :LOL:

The multiplayer portion of FEAR is going to be free and is named FEAR Combat.

08-08-2006 - Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:

- 10 Multiplayer Game modes.

- 19 Multiplayer Maps.

- 12 different weapons.

- Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.

- The capability to download user generated content.

To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.

http://www.joinfear.com/us/

Did anyone download the free multiplayer version yet? Seems to be quite the buzz on the net.

Well I tried out the multiplayer version. Was about 1.37gigs to download. It's ok, but seems like the characters move to slow for me. i may try it again later and see if it gets better. But it's just "meh".

Back