Massive Eve fight

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far over $500,000+ usd lost so far.

"Here's how it went down. Corporation Nulli owned a station. Which gave them ownership of an entire sector. That's a big deal. Their corporate ally PL was tationed there and had lots of assets there. Nulli "forgot to pay rent" So then... The space-station became unowned. Except all of PLs assets housed there remained there. Another corporation, RUS was near, saw this going, and swooped in to take the station. They succeeded. PL came back with guns to take it back from RUS. To get their stuff back. PL also got their ally Nulli to help them. When that happened. RUS called their ally CFC. Normally, these kinds of things happen between smaller ships. And one team will either leave or win. But both sides refused to back down. And the fight continued to escalate continually. Until we have what you see now. Currently 2160 people. In a pitched war."
The largest ships you see there are Titans. They take over a year to skill into and over a month to build, requiring the effort of entire corporations and alliances to complete. Their role on the field is to boost their fleet's stats, open jump portals to bridge in other fleets, and to fire large beams of death capable of one-shotting inferior ships.The other smaller ships you see are Dreadnaughts - large ships designed for prolonged bombardments - and Carriers - large support vessels with a complement of AI controlled fighters. Half of the fleet is composed of "sub-capitals" - everything from Frigates to Cruisers to Battleships. They are too small to see in comparison at this zoom level.

Frigates are ~50 meters, Battleships are ~1000m, and Titans are ~15km long.

Every ship on the field is controlled by an individual player - there are around 2000 of them at the time this screenshot was taken.
iyLVteJ.jpg
BTbdkEk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HpFlvPm.png

mvP8B5b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this. I don't think I have the patience to play this game, or take part in what needs to happen for all of these ships to exist. However, if there was some sort of History Channel documentary on the ships and the scale of this battle, I'd watch. It would have to a bunch of back-stories to it. If the corporations were handled in a NASCAR sort of way, and there was a way to see rankings and status of inventories I'd watch it.

How long is this supposed to last anyway? Its been 2 days right?

Also, would all of the "firing my lazer" create a gravity well? Everything seems so static. I want to see the Titans get blown apart.

The war is over now. Lasted about two days. Ended yesterday afternoon. I have played the game. The scaling in the game is amazing. If you love space stuff it's for you. It was really confusing for me. But now that I have played MMOs it might not be to bad. I would like to try it again someday.

I'm already not playing Sins of a Solar Empire. It was slow on my laptop and I haven't installed it on my desktop. Someday I suppose.

The company put up a memorial.

t8JJuIr.png

I haven't read a lot on this outside of some headlines that came across my RSS and what's been posted here. The players involved sure did shell out some $$$ though

Very popular in Russia. These guys take it serious too. Can you imagine how many people skipped work the other day to fight?

Very popular in Russia. These guys take it serious too. Can you imagine how many people skipped work the other day to fight?
Yeah, I was thinking about that as I kept seeing headlines on it, wondering how many people had called in sick so they could stay in the fight

Back