Steamdeck - Console PC gaming in the palm of your hand

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see how it sells, personally I'd question how well many games will play on it and would prefer an actual gaming PC for PC games. I just wonder what the demand is for people that want to play PC games on a handheld with controller (casual gamers most likely). Wouldn't they maybe prefer a handheld console like switch or just mobile games on phone/tablet and can't imagine this would appeal to the PC gaming crowd that want 144+ frames per second on ultra-wide / 4K+ with a Keyboard and mouse

xCloud is an interesting use and the controls on it would be nice for streaming those games. Then again if you want that format and just to do xCloud games' date=' something like the Razer Kishi for your phone would work just as well: https://www.razer.com/mobile-controllers/Razer-Kishi/RZ06-03360200-R3U1
I saw one of these awhile back in Best Buy.  I got the clip on bracket that holds phone to game pad.  I played the shit out of Killer Instinct for about 3 hours.  I haven't played since.
The steam deck looks pretty awesome though,  If I had the spare change, maybe.  Honestly, I'm tempted to lay down the $5 now in hopes that I'll be suited to it next year when it launches

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to try one, I haven't seen one out in the wild but I have head good things about them. 

Back