3D and resin based printers

I ordered a Z-brace awhile back and got it installed yesterday.

Made a couple of prints last night using the Z-brace, they came out nicely.

Got my camera mounted pretty good now. I printed some pieces for a GoPro which has a nice mount.

So last night I tried to print a small miniature. It was basically a small figurine game piece of a dwarf with an hammer and a shield. Took about an hour. The supports were a pain to get off, but he turned out alright for how tiny it is (smaller than a quarter). I have been seeing some guys print some decent ones changing their settings.

So tried printing with some clear filament from a new company last night. While it looked good, it didn't seem to bond very well. Went back to my other brand but in white and that is fine.

Installed a l.e.d. light last night. I'm going to take the next step and just ordered a auto bed leveler for my printer.

Got my adapter printed last night ready for this weekend abl sensor. Printed off and mounted real nice.

Well got my ABL kit in the mail today. I spent almost all afternoon installing it. Flashed my firmware and changed a bunch of things. It's sweet to have auto bed leveling now. But man it took some work to accomplish.

Well I forgot something in my firmware so I had to re-do all the coding yesterday, but I got it dialed in real good now.

Printed this as a test last night. It's very small, a screaming dwarf's head on a pedestal. The pedestal is very detailed but you can't see it from the angle I took it from. It is suppose to be way larger, but I shrunk it down being I was testing with it. I also messed up on some of my settings and supports, but I let it run it's course since I was testing my bed adhesion. I think for being tiny it turned out quite nice. My spray a flat grey primer on it to bring out a little more detail and cover some roughness.

iKUZRf7.jpg

Let's face it, you are married with 2 kids. The pipe laying is a pipe dream now. You need to make money to pay bills, insurance, live life and 3d print so I guess that's it.

Let's face it, you are married with 2 kids. The pipe laying is a pipe dream now. You need to make money to pay bills, insurance, live life and 3d print so I guess that's it.
How i about I 3D print a foot take you out back and kick you in the nuts with it? I lay pipe where and when I want btw.

Installed touch addon for Octopi and hooked up an old fire tablet for monitoring. Also ordered some new 40mm Noctua fans. Going to print a whole new fan setup this weekend I think.

This thread has proven one of the two of my greatest fears of things needed to happen to create a Skynet scenario. The first one is enhanced unassisted artificial intelligence, and the second... Self replicating machines.

I am slowly piecing my sex robot together. She resembles someone I once knew. I shall call her code name: T-1na.

Printed with PETG tonight for the first time. Worked way better than ABS for a heat resistant material.

While waiting all night for the WoW servers to come back online, i did flash my Marlin firmware on my printer to the latest.

I ordered a smart plug to be able to automatically shutdown the printer after a print.

I did some math last night and changed my extruder E steps and my prints are way better now.

Back