Bad service at restaurants

Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Nothing is worse than being in a good mood and going into a restaurant to grab something to eat then get bad customer service. Now first off I am very, very tolerant. More than most people. I mean come on we all have had bad days, just don't feel like working, or maybe your boss has thrown to much on you. We have all been there. But it's not to hard in certain situations. Let me tell you about yesterday. So I plan to meet my parents for lunch about 12:30. Now I thought this should ward off most of the nooners that go to lunch. Cut the busyness in half. So I meet them there and my parents already have a table. So I sit down and start looking at the menu. We all figure out what we want but are busy talking. Now normally by now someone walks over to take your drinks order. But nothing we have been there a good solid 10 minutes. So we mention it to each other and my mom is like there are two girls over by the bar just sitting on their phones and then they notice my mom staring so they go in the backroom. Finally after almost 15 minutes of just sitting there with no one coming over my mom has to get up track down someone and tell them we are ready to order. Now first off you my think they must be really busy, but nope the place was dead. Finally the girl comes over and is rude the entire time, wont come back to check on us, my mom had to get up again to ask someone to some condiments. It was bad. I am no waiter, never have worked it but I think I have the basics figured out. Come over greet the person, ask what they want to drink, bring out their drinks, ask if they are ready to order, take order, stay away till food comes out (unless their drinks are low), then bring out food, ask if there is anything else, come back in a little bit to see if they need anything or check on their drinks, check maybe one more time on their drinks, ask if they want desert, present check. Did I miss anything? But me being nice and all I still left a small tip. But remember I chose your food place out of all others. You don't want to help? Put that fake smile on, walk through the steps above, make a tip and move on to the next person. It was funny right when we were about to leave the people that sat down behind us started to complain too. So it just wasn't us. Besides like I said I am more tolerable than most. I am the type of guy that even if his steak is not cooked right I still eat it type of guy.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Some people are just not cut out to be service staff.  It's all in their personality.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
LMAO love the .gif @ryanator!
One of my favorite sketches, got to love Chris Farley.  This past summer, our family and aunt and uncle went out to a restaurant and they took our order, but forgot to give the cookline the ticket, so when other people started getting everything, the waitress who was new explained that she forgot to put the ticket in and we had to wait an extra 45 minutes or so on top of the first 45 minutes.  But they had great customer service otherwise, just a mistake.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Worst experience was a restaurant where we waited for almost two hours (no lie). Thought they were just supper busy only to find out like you said above that they forgot to put our order in. They had to bring it out in to go boxes since we had to leave and we ate it cold.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Well could go the Taco Bell in my/our town and see and hear the manager freaking out.