Wasps and hornets

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anything really to say about these two flying bug species besides they are just plain assholes? I mean do they actually do anything good for nature? I mean honey bees, and bumbles bees are out there at least spreading pollen around while these guys are like "hey lets just be assholes and cause havoc". I respect their paper building techniques for their hives but that is about it. I saw a small little hive being built in the outside eve of my garage the other day. I normally look for hives around my yard but never noticed this. It was in the early stages and maybe the size of a small orange. I looked for that wasp spray stuff, you know that stuff that can shoot a stream like 20 feet. But couldn't find any. So I duct taped a wooden stick to a rake end and waited till evening when it was more cool then hit it and dropped my long pole and screamed like a little girl and ran in the house. When I came back the thing didn't even have any thing in it, like I said it was just in the process of being built. Here is the funny part there was a small piece left over up there and I though no big deal. I cam home yesterday and the asshole tried to rebuild it in the same spot. Well I did find my spray and hosed it down from the ground. So now they are screwed. I know I don't think I even saw a one around here last year, so this was a first here for them. We have a lot of bumble bees and a lot of honey bees here. Our neighbor has a small hive in the corner of their yard where they raise honeybees and I don't mind them because they pollinate my trees and plants, but not those assholes. Honestly tell me is there a purpose for them?

Let's get those squared away for July mmmmmkay?

Let's get those squared away for July mmmmmkay?
I'm starting to breed them for you.

Yes, they suck big time.  I also heard they believe in revenge, so watch out...

If you really don't like wasps or hornets like myself and many others, don't google Asian wasps.

I actually found a smaller nest again last night. It must be the season for them right now. We had such wet weather this year and they must be coming out late or something. Have you ever tried to smash one? Might as well forget using a fly swatter, you need a back of a shovel basically.

don't google Asian wasps.
Ya I have seen those big boys before. One word "nope!"

Walking through the store the other day and they had a hornet/wasp/yellow jacket trap on sale so I picked one up. Basically you put this liquid bait in and they fly up in a reversed pyramid design and they are to dumb to find a way out. I made my own a long time ago but cutting a two liter bottle at the top and putting it reversed back inside. This one came with a liquid that is suppose to attract them.

Well I caught a couple last night. Now I feel bad for the little guys in there that I am killing them. :(

So last night I went to move the hoses and here on the backside of my garage was a hornets nest. I don't know how I missed this one. It was larger than the first one I say. They must had built it in just the last week. Thankfully it was late evening and almost dark so I knew that they wouldn't be active. Got out my spray and soaked that bitch. Some were trying to get out. but they didn't make it. Then I knocked it down and squealed like a little girl and ran in the house for the night.

They like all those flowers you've been planting.

Tis the season for those dirty buggers.

Back