Oil bust inevitable

Like I explained to @C Pav I guess I do have a little personal anger to oil since I saw what changes it brought. I lived though the boom, and I feel as it it brought more harm than good because of greed. While oil not ever going away, I just don't see it going to what it once was based of world living conditions, and technological changes. (War could change this though).
I don't imagine that we will see a boom simply because it is so readily available to us now. Unless something really crazy happens. But I don't see it going anywhere for the majority of our lifetimes. It is just too integrated into everything we do. And thus people will still be able to work on the rigs, and oil companies will still profit as they can get it out of the ground cheaper than ever. And like I have said before, the big energy companies will just buy out anyone it needs to when the trend changes. Exxon, Chevron, Shell will be the energy leaders IMO.

Do Muslims like clean energy? They will be running the show over in that part of the world soon.
That's exactly right. They can power their cars with all the shitting in the streets. Manure powered. The Algerians mistake the curb stop for a toilet.

I suggest the Assyrian is coming on the scene much sooner than people realize. 

Oil prices likely to come down? (tankers are piling up)

VLCCs

Finally, there was some cheer for owners as rates for 270,000 tonnes in the Middle East Gulf firmed 10 points to around WS 50 for China and WS 51 level for short east. Likewise going west, rates for 280,000 tonnes cape/cape to US Gulf added almost two points to around WS 22. West Africa to China followed suit moving up five points and is now paying around WS 48.75 basis 260,000 tonnes cargo. Fuel oil from Rotterdam to Singapore went at US$3.1 million. US Gulf to Singapore was covered at US$3.5 million while Caribs/WC India went at US$3 million. UML are said to have taken ‘Front’ tonnage from Ceyhan to Taiwan at US$3.9 million.

http://thebalticbriefing.com/tanker-report/

I am going to call it now, I bet you see a dive in crude coming up the next few weeks. Production is up really high so there is no reason it's climbing. I bet it takes a big dive here real soon.

What do you see as a dive?  If it goes no lower $55 - give or take, should be no sweat, but if it gets back in the 40's, then that's a dive that would make the oil sector nervous again.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you see as a dive?  If it goes no lower $55 - give or take, should be no sweat, but if it gets back in the 40's, then that's a dive that would make the oil sector nervous again.
My dive from my last statement meant under $60, I would like to see it hit below $55, but I think it will hang about $67-$68 for awhile.

My dive from my last statement meant under $60, I would like to see it hit below $55, but I think it will hang about $67-$68 for awhile.
But why?

There she goes, slipped under $60 now.

Trump says he backs 25-cent gas tax hike to pay for infrastructure

Not to happy with this from Trump. If you think about it this basically wipes out the tax break that he gave everyone. The differences on the paychecks are minimal as is, so another $.25 cents on top of your gas by the time you drive to work and your next paycheck comes around that will basically make it null.

Trump says he backs 25-cent gas tax hike to pay for infrastructureNot to happy with this from Trump. If you think about it this basically wipes out the tax break that he gave everyone. The differences on the paychecks are minimal as is, so another $.25 cents on top of your gas by the time you drive to work and your next paycheck comes around that will basically make it null.
Plus this will also increase shipping costs and air travel permanently.  Our infrastructure has to be maintained, and someone has to pay for it, but they need to reduce waste spending, which is still painfully large.

Shes taking another dive today.

Back