All things related to the Xbox platforms

Microsoft removing Kinect requirement for Xbox One

8yqxSTY.jpg

Microsoft removing Kinect requirement for Xbox One8yqxSTY.jpg
Interesting. I'd been off of work for a few days, but still watching news feeds like a hawk and hadn't seen anything about this. I'll quickly note that saying it doesn't need to be connected does not equal having it sold separately (at this point). To me this just sounds like they give you the option to not hook it up once you have it. (You can say the Kinect is $150, which means the Xbox One is really $50 cheaper than a PS4; you can say it costs the extra $100, so they are the same price; or you can just consider it a free gift for paying an extra $100 for the better console).

Just read one article suggesting Sony ditched plans to package the camera with the PS4 to get a price advantage. Much like they likely changed their DRM stance after the Xbox One reveal to capitalize there (they have admitted the reaction to the Xbox One had an impact on the decision, though I think they down played it to make it sound like it wasn't as big an influence at it likely really was).

Like all systems or don't like any. If I hated the PS3 I would miss out on some amazing games I like. If I hated the Wii or Nintendo I would miss out on other games I find fun and like. As for the not including the camera, smart move because IT'S NOT NEEDED. If I want one then I will buy one and should not have to spend extra money for a POS device. IT'S CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. I got the Kinect as a Christmas gift and money to use and enjoyment ratio makes it a device I could do without. It's a chore and the workout you get from it is more because of how unresponsive it is. Oh, want to quickly load up the box and play a game? Well better go mow your yard while the kinect has to initialize. If it isn't the kinect taking an ion it's the slow UI. I love my Xbox, I do, but I miss the way it was at launch, A GAMING SYSTEM. GAMES MAN, GAMES! I'm mad!

Sorry I had to.

itabux1WyOpCQ.gif

Hey, a cheap headband, oh wait, never mind that's the headset everyone complained they might have to buy that is now included. A "cheap" HDMI cable, except it's a 4K compliant one. Probably not a Monster cable or anything, but those are just over priced gimmicks. The cheaper the cable the better normally, as far as if you are buying one, because the expensive ones $80 or $90 version a $20 one really offer nothing more.

November 22nd release date. Week late in the US, but a week early everywhere else on the planet in comparison to the PS

November 22nd release date. Week late in the US, but a week early everywhere else on the planet in comparison to the PS
This is a big surprise to me. I thought for sure it would be the same day at least. Or early if they were smart.

Yeah, I though they might go earlier or same day, but I guess they don't want to give one region preference. My guess here is Sony is producing as many PS4 units as they can and directing the majority of their supply to the US to accommodate launching here a few weeks earlier than anywhere else. MS on the other hand appears to just plan to produce as many as they can by the date and distribute equally. MS will be first in all markets other than the US.

For both companies this theory makes sense considering the US is the weakest foothold Sony has in gamine and the strongest the Xbox has, so they are both giving preference to areas where they want to get a stronger foothold

Seems alot bigger in real life.

81cPRCI.jpg

frodoonly720psxulq.gif

XBox One Official Watchdog trailer is PS4 Footage

lIfoRJU.jpg

That Ryse game looks pretty solid. They do have a nice launch lineup.

That Ryse game looks pretty solid. They do have a nice launch lineup.
Good thing you waited xbox here you come!

Back in line I go! ;)
I'll be in a line late Thursday night at BB in town. Will be interesting to see if they have any available for non-preorder and if so how many.

I'll be in a line late Thursday night at BB in town. Will be interesting to see if they have any available for non-preorder and if so how many.
I am really curious to see what the turnout is vs Sony's last week in town here.

@@jmanz let me ask you this. What games do you play most, how much do you play and will you be playing once baby is born and what features do you need in a system? I am a huge XBox guy but as a gamer I want other gamers to get the system that they will enjoy and use most. Are you really going to give up The Show? I feel you are a Playstation guy and that is what you would use most. I would say get both but if only one make sure it's what you really want and not just what everyone is pushing you to get. Besides, do you really need the kinect watching you masturbate? ;) Anyway, on a more serious note the XBox will be awesome so if you do go that route then welcome to the club and have fun.

Back