Apple's iOS

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Oh trust me once you use those keyboards it's hard to go back. Android the work perfect, but not on Iphones. I'll try later when I got some time and see if they fixed anything.
The worst thing for me has been Swype and it's bugs within IOS 8. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't come up and I have to exit the application fully and go back in. I also wish they would add the talk to text button.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well I just installed Swype again. Looks like the same problem as before with the text photo issue.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
A bit late but the fixes:

Apple Watch

-Adds the new Apple Watch app and compatibility for the new device.

Health App improvements

-Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose

-Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data

-Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps

-Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID

-Fixes units for vitamins and minerals

-Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order

-Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values

-Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed

Stability Enhancements

-Increases stability of Mail

-Improves stability of Flyover in Maps

-Improves stability of Music

-Improves VoiceOver reliability

-Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug Fixes

-Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations

-Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected

-Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing

-Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app

-Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device

-Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free

-Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered

-Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT

-Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar

-Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway

-Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten

-Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Just wanted to say finally after all this time they have finally fixed the problems with Swype! Ya!!!!(y) That new IOS updated said it fixed problems with third party keyboards and I just tested it.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Just wanted to say finally after all this time they have finally fixed the problems with Swype! Ya!!!!(y) That new IOS updated said it fixed problems with third party keyboards and I just tested it.
I'm still having issues, actually more frequent it seems, with Swype not writing text. This seems to be a known unsolved issue listed on Swype's page of known issues.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
If your talking about the type box yes I have seen this also. I will start to swype and then I noticed it's not typing anything. I was just glad they fixed the drop down when you go to send a photo.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Nothing like an all day and night update to add find my iphone and find friends app icons to my screen. OH OH OH AND NEWS!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Nothing like an all day and night update to add find my iphone and find friends app icons to my screen. OH OH OH AND NEWS!
Yup now you know what I meant about more crap. Plus you can't delete or hide in a folder. There is a new "restrictions" under settings that let's you hide the "news" and "podcast" but they don't have the other programs in the list. Even though they should be. Let me choose what I want on my phone please.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
By the way after all this time I was having with third party keyboards I found a simple fix. Just remove all the others and leave your new one. Make sure it's the only one in the list. Now works every time.

LK

It burns when I pee
Members
Thought I would mention to stay away from that Crystal ad block. It was the biggest seller until the man announced that he would allow companies to be added to his white list to display ads. Stupid move on his part. So there are others. I went with Blockbear since they are the same people that I use for my VPN.

How are you liking the ad blocking? I use Private Internet Access for VPN. So far its been inexpensive and worked flawlessly across platforms, iOS, Mac, Windows, etc...