What's new
Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Apple's iOS

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I just recently found out about family sharing. It's great because I can share my paid apps with my wife. Weather apps etc. I always thought each person had to purchase their own. Also works with icloud storage etc.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
iOS 12 is out, she is big as well and almost killed my battery installing it alone lol.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I finally tried out Apple pay few weeks ago for something. It actually worked well. Anyone else ever use it? I see most grocery stores take it, along with McDonald's.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I love how every phone company brands contactless payment (Apply pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, etc) - it's just NFC capabilities sending stored card information.

Anyhow.. yes I've used Apple Pay and Samsung pay and others. They all work very well and are generally more convenient than actually using your card when a store has readers that are capable of this. No insert card, wait for chip reading, stare at the screen and figure out when this store wants you to remove the card, sign, etc. Just hold up your device and give it whichever input it needs to authorize use and maybe sign.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think @ryanator was right. After the last update my battery won't hold shit. I can barely make it through the end of a work day now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
My boss is starting to regret not signing into iCloud. His wife is paranoid about data being stored on the cloud so she wont let him use it. But now he has shattered his screen, so I have spent my morning trying to get his data. :rolleyes:

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I've been reading all over that ios 12 actually improves performance in older phones (5S, 6, 6S), unlike prior major versions which slowed them down. How has anyone else's experience been with it? How is the battery life?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well that's a first if Apple did that. I just have the XR and my battery life is phenomenal. So I can't really give input, hopefully another member will.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
It's been about 2 years since I had a clean install, but just did one last night to my 6S with iOS 12.1.3. The difference is huge, not sure if it was the clean install or newer iOS version. But in any case, with the newest iOS version, it performs very well, so at least it wasn't a step back like previous major versions on older phones.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
New iPhone update out. Patches the Facebook hole.
Facebok or facetime? Best update would be to eliminate facebook forever. In fact get rid of all cell phones and devices. People can't drive without them, kids have them and world sucks this day and age. I said it. GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT A FREAKING ELECTRONIC DEVICE!