What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's iOS

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Samsung To Cut OLED Production Due To Poor iPhone X Sales

Samsung's panel-making division, Samsung Display, is reportedly reducing OLED panel production at its South Chungcheong plant due to lower than expected iPhone X sales. According to Nikkei Asian Review, Samsung now plans to cover 20 million or fewer iPhone X devices for the quarter ending in March, a large decrease from the expected 45 to 50 million units. CNET reports: Apple sold 77.3 million iPhones in the quarter ending in January, down by 1 percent on the previous year. The $1,000 price tag on the iPhone X was blamed for the volume shortfall -- but also contributed to the company making record-breaking profits.Samsung did not respond to CNET's request for comment.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
I agree @C Pav I think it's a great phone, but I feel as if Apple reached the ceiling with how far people are willing to go to pay for a phone. I think Apple though their fan base would pay anything.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Well sure... The iphone 9,  iphone 9 plus and iphone x2 ....   or just an X2,  X2 plus and then some lower cost trial like the 5c again

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Thinking about getting new Iphone, don't know if I should wit till new model comes out or just go with an X? Just wish they had some deals going on.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Yup the fall is when they come out. I would guess initial release to be early to mid November. There is always a scramble around Christmas time it seems like.

Top Bottom