What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's iOS

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apple just published a letter to customersapologizing for the “misunderstanding” around older iPhones being slowed down, following its recent admission that it was, in fact, slowing down older phones in order to compensate for degrading batteries. “We know that some of you feel Apple has let you down,” says the company. “We apologize.”

Apple says in its letter that batteries are “consumable components,” and is offering anyone with an iPhone 6 or later a battery replacement for $29 starting in late January through December 2018 — a discount of $50 from the usual replacement cost. Apple’s also promising to add features to iOS that provide more information about the battery health in early 2018, so that users are aware of when their batteries are no longer capable of supporting maximum phone performance.
Source

Apple is pathetic.  How about they don't enable all the crappy features which degrade the battery and slow down the phone and not make people seems in their phone for a cost at all.

They carefully played this by wording it in such a passive way and still puts it on the peasant consumer.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
So speaking of Apple, I got to see a Iphone X up close and personal. I'm sorry I didn't care for it. I asked well what about not having a home button and the way you had to swipe was dumb. I'm sorry at this point I will still with a button and I would choose a Iphone 8 over the 10 even if they were the same cost. Some people might like it but i will go a standard 8.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Seems like all the millionaires members around here are picking up Iphone Xs.
Have to have the latest and greatest you know!!!

Let me tell you about the button you say you can't do without. Here is my experience. Setup finger print to unlock. Sometimes it likes to unlock...SOMETIMES, other times it takes 3 tries then if still doesn't like it I have to type in my code. I do like it for accessing my bank account though. Then let's talk using it for Siri. I really only use that if I need to send a quick text when I can't use my hands. Usually ends with me yelling at the phone and calling Siri trash. Of course that's Siri and not the touch button at fault but it all starts with holding the button.

By the way, why do you feel you have to say sorry? If you don't like the X then it's personal preference. Think of this though, is it just due to change like going from Windows XP to 7 to 10? I like 10 now that I am used to it so in the end it's all a matter of change and getting used to it.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Setup finger print to unlock. Sometimes it likes to unlock...SOMETIMES, other times it takes 3 tries then if still doesn't like it I have to type in my code.
Well with the Iphone X if it doesn't unlock with your face properly it locks you would for a whole solid minute. At least with your button if it can't read your fingerprint you can still unlock it using your pass-code.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Well with the Iphone X if it doesn't unlock with your face properly it locks you would for a whole solid minute. At least with your button if it can't read your fingerprint you can still unlock it using your pass-code.
That's just not true my friend. If it doesn't recognize your face, it goes to the pass code. Simple and easy.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Facial recognition is fine and dandy, but removing finger print sensor entirely was a dumb move.  I've used both technologies plenty on phone and PC as well.  It's far more convenient in most cases to reach for or use the fingerprint sensor than to have to get my face in front of a camera.  On the PC I have to move to be in front of the camera.  On a phone I can be unlocking via finger print before it has left my pocket, or while it lays on a desk/table in front of me and not have to move myself or the phone to perform the unlock.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Facial recognition is fine and dandy, but removing finger print sensor entirely was a dumb move.  I've used both technologies plenty on phone and PC as well.  It's far more convenient in most cases to reach for or use the fingerprint sensor than to have to get my face in front of a camera.  On the PC I have to move to be in front of the camera.  On a phone I can be unlocking via finger print before it has left my pocket, or while it lays on a desk/table in front of me and not have to move myself or the phone to perform the unlock.
Fair points. I got quite accustomed to the finger (print). The other has been working slick also though. No biggie yet.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Look how far we have come.
Almost like you posting about living a minimalist lifestyle and then 2 weeks later filling up the recently purchased items post with an assortment of trinkets like thousand dollar telescopes for example. Except that would be over a much shorter time span. So yes digging up old posts could be comical I suppose for most of us.

You have a strange fascination with these phones. Texting me constantly about it. That would lead me to one conclusion........that you want one for yourself and don't want to admit it!

Top Bottom