Apple's iOS

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well iOS7 is out now. I just did the update (which took forever). And I hate it. If I wanted a Windows phone I would had bought one. This is horrible. (n)

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
My personal opinion - I actually think they will lose sales due to this. Could we call it the "Windows 8 curse"? If I was a new customer I might choose a Android over this.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Well iOS7 is out now. I just did the update (which took forever). And I hate it. If I were smart, I'd just buy a Windows Phone.
FTFY. Oh well, they gotta try . It will take time for the group think in the US to wear off, but they are losing ground to Android constantly and finally starting to give some way to Windows Phone elsewhere around the world.

In a number of developing markets (Russia, India, etc) where low cost is king, WP has already surpassed iPhone. This is where the 5c was supposed to help, but it is too expensive off contract to put a dent in markets where they want cheap phones and don't do subsidized contracts. A $400 plus knock off can't compete with the $99 w/out contract phones like the Lumia 520 or comparable droid devices.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I like the new lock screen and the new bottom pull up menu for Bluetooth etc. Plus they have an auto update for apps now (this is old news on android) but still that is nice. I'm sure jmanz loves this update. fgt :whistle:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I honestly don't see any big problems with it yet. Granted I just installed it last night. All my apps run fine, I even like some of the visual changes. I was kind of getting bored with the old look anyways. Today will be the big test for me to see if there is any impact as far as battery life goes. Haven't noticed anything yet though. Again I'm not saying its the greatest thing ever, but I certainly don't hate the update.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Man this OS is slow. I can see maybe on the newer Iphones with faster processors, but on mine it's slow and choppy. Seems like it's more optimized for a dual core etc.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
The 4's are extremely dated man. The difference between a 5 and a 4 is like comparing high speed to dial up pretty much.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
lol, yes I think he should get a Windows phone.
I sense sarcasm here... however I will not argue OS here. strictly hardware speaking, get something worth while. Maybe something with a terrific camera ;) to capture all the new memories....

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Honestly. If I was looking around at phones right now, I would looks into something different. That's just me though. I'm not saying an Iphone is a bad phone. It's just I'm not all that impressed with this update right now that's all. I'm sure I will get use to it. Besides I'm not really that big of a phone person. I would just be happy with a phone with no Smart technology to it.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
IOS7 is hot garbage. I think they made it so it runs like crap on old devices so we feel we have to upgrade. Runs like crap on old IPhone 4 and terrible on my wife's Ipad 2. I also feel they made it so colorful and "stylish" to appeal to the younger generation to try and please them and get more sales.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
IOS7 is hot garbage. I think they made it so it runs like crap on old devices so we feel we have to upgrade. Runs like crap on old IPhone 4 and terrible on my wife's Ipad 2. I also feel they made it so colorful and "stylish" to appeal to the younger generation to try and please them and get more sales.
I think you are correct about the running issues on older devices. Also heard the same thing effects older Ipads too.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Umm.... you realize Droid is just a term for Android phones that VZW licenses. ATT carries plenty of Android or WP devices that have gorilla glass, etc.

Edit... Moto is the last company I'd want making my phone these days, well, maybe 2nd to last. RIM probably comes in last

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Shame that AT&T don't carry Droids. I really like the new Gorilla glass etc. No need for a case anymore. Plus long battery life.
http://www.droiddoes.com/
My coworker has a Galaxy S4 that has Gorilla glass and he has plenty of scratches on the glass, one big one that is annoying to him. So if you do go that route, just be aware that you still might need a case.