All things related to the Xbox platforms

Got to be a reason losing players.
The article says it's actually a really good game, but most of the player fanbase has jumped over to Back4Blood.

If you have Game Pass give Might Goose a try. It's actually a very good, simple fun game. Old style side scrolling shooter sort of like Contra. You can earn helpers, weapon power ups and has a small variety of different weapons and item pickups you can use in stages. Also you can equip your secondary weapon from the main menu (where you also choose your power ups and side kick helper) which are all unlocked from beating stages. Not a tough game and not long either. Just plain fun. Seems to have coop but have not tried that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried out Might Goose tonight, and @C Pav was right it's a blast! Has that old school arcade sound to it. It's a little challenging and has great comedy as well. Give it a try! (y)

Well the scalpers are back at it.

es94fwseyiu71.png

Where was everyone last night?

200.gif

Only holds 12 cans.
It's not very large, and is supposed to only be $99. At the scalper prices you may as well go get an actual mini fridge (3.x cu. ft) thing for next to your desk instead though.

It's not very large, and is supposed to only be $99. At the scalper prices you may as well go get an actual mini fridge (3.x cu. ft) thing for next to your desk instead though.
That's what got me curious as mini fridges can run up in price, especially these days with supply shortages. I guess maybe $99 is in-line for something tiny.

We missed you scaring birds last night @C Pav , it just wasn't the same. :(

The 512gig seems kind of pointless with these new games coming out. I think the new Forza is like around 110gig by itself.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/21/new-seagate-storage-expansion-cards/
No kidding. Expensive little gadget to carry around maybe 2-3 games currently and down the road who knows. At least the built-in storage or these expansions are only really needed for Series S/X optimized games. Others can just run on any old USB3 external drive. Between that and just keeping the few games currently playing downloaded, I haven't seen any need for expansion so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m glad they packed a big internal ssd out the door, but with internet speeds these days it’s just as easy to delete a game to clear up the space and re download it if you need too.

I didn't quite understand the whole cross play thing, I had no clue someone could play on PC while joining a game with guys on Xboxs. Crazy times.

I didn't quite understand the whole cross play thing, I had no clue someone could play on PC while joining a game with guys on Xboxs. Crazy times.
The terminology they have sometimes gets confusing. There's some games that just support cross platform saves (Cross save?) so you can keep your progress between platforms, and then there's the full cross play that is Xbox and PC (and other consoles depending on game) playing together. With many GamePass games being on PC and Xbox, I've often just stuck on PC to play with friends for things like Sea of Thieves, Destiny 2, etc. As long as it isn't anything too PvP heavy, though many people play those cross platform as well.

With many GamePass games being on PC and Xbox, I've often just stuck on PC to play with friends for things like Sea of Thieves, Destiny 2, etc. As long as it isn't anything too PvP heavy, though many people play those cross platform as well.
Well I have been playing Back4Blood lately with @BR3W3R and @Biganimetitties lately, and come to find out that @Biganimetitties has been playing it on PC while we have been playing it on Xbox. It blew mind mind. I am way more accurate playing shooters on PC, so this opens up a whole new world.

Back