Apple and Macs

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think Apple learned a hard lesson with their high prices, but I have to laugh how they are blaming their slump on repairs instead.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
The rich support their own, they live in their own world not caring about the 99%, because more and more of the money is going to the 1% of people.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I honestly think Apple is out of touch. It must be because Apple it's self and it's employees. I am sure that Apple pays their employees top dollar, and they are all from California where the pay is high and everyone has big homes/Teslas etc. So I wonder if it's a lifestyle thing where they think someone would drop this type of money on a stand or monitor. I mean If I was getting paid tons then sure why not, it would balance out. I think they are out of touch. Your last expensive iPhone should had touch you something about consumers not wanting to pay that much.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Apparently Apple doesn't like the video of people booing the Apple stand, so now they are trying to get it removed off YouTube and other video channels.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I was going to write yesterday, I love the memes on this, I saw the mug one. How long until 3rd party companies start making their own versions for sane prices? I wonder how Apple can justify the high price, almost like it was some joke. What happened to the days when you would get quality stuff complete with extra things just in case for a reasonable price. We are in such a product consumption society with all these wasteful things. I guess it's always been the case, even in ancient times where the rich would have certain things just for display or show of nobility.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So... new iPhone 11 was announced, or should I saw new camera was announced. Not really all that great unless your wanting a better camera.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I no longer have my iMac. A coworker is to poor and doesn't have a computer, and with everyone staying home his daughter needed one to log into the school system. So since the iMac has everything built in I gave it to him.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Apple announces their new phone. Glad they learned that no one wants to spend a lot.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Apple announces their new phone. Glad they learned that no one wants to spend a lot.

Looks like a nice budget option with the smaller screen. Will be interesting to see the new larger ones down the line.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
... more so that there is a budget market? It's not like they've been struggling to sell phones.
Well I think with their last phone introduction there were no cheaper options. The price just kept climbing. Some people don't need all the bells and whistles. Some want to get into the Apple phone world without the high price tag. I think they over produced the last phones and they didn't sell as well as they pleased. People finally drew the line in the sand with the price tag.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have been stealing my wife's airpods quite a bit lately to do yard work with. Apple made them quite nice.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I have been stealing my wife's airpods quite a bit lately to do yard work with. Apple made them quite nice.
Regular or Pro? I have some regular ones and nice for an occasional call, also nice for listening to something without disturbing everyone and still being able to hear what's going on around you. Not super comfortable for a long time. I could see them working well for just being outside, but if running anything motorized it would drown them out easily. Not sure how good the noise canceling of the Pro is if it would allow them to work while trimming/mowing. I have a pair of Beats Studio's I've used to drown out my mower.