Apple and Macs

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Apr 28, 2006
You can still find Windows Phones, but MS hasn't made one in a couple years.  Alcatel and HP have made the more recent ones.  More business focused.  Anyway, yes I have an S8+ and my Lumia 950 XL.  Had the itch for new hardware when the S8 was launching.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
I can own and bring whatever I want to work.  There's never been any restriction on devices allowed.
Your just not allowed to park in employee parking if they see you right?

I remember hearing about this with Ford employees, your allowed to drive whatever brand you want, but if it's not a Ford your not allowed to park in the company parking lot.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Apr 28, 2006
Your just not allowed to park in employee parking if they see you right?

I remember hearing about this with Ford employees, your allowed to drive whatever brand you want, but if it's not a Ford your not allowed to park in the company parking lot.
Um no - I can park where I want, use what I want and whatever.  Get real and shut up - I don't find you funny

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
I just wanted to post this here. Last night my Mac got messed up (my fault) boot into recovery mode, reinstalled the OS, when it came back up everything was there like normal and everything was perfect. Easy. I know when I would try this with Windows it was a 50/50 change that it would work this way, with most of the time failing (haven't tried it with Windows 10 yet).

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
May 13, 2017
I just wanted to post this here. Last night my Mac got messed up (my fault) boot into recovery mode, reinstalled the OS, when it came back up everything was there like normal and everything was perfect. Easy. I know when I would try this with Windows it was a 50/50 change that it would work this way, with most of the time failing (haven't tried it with Windows 10 yet).
Yeh I've seen "Time Machine" be quite helpful as well in certain scenarios. We should P2V all of our physicals so that we can spin them up on VM's if necessary. Maybe......

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
I kinda wonder what is up with Apple anymore. They haven't really released any new computers lately. It just seems like all their hardware is sorta at a standstill.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
May 13, 2017
We have a few scientists at work that insist on using Macs. One of them is considering picking up a new one after using his current desktop unit for 7 years. It looks like the prices have come down some.