Did the world end in 2012? Are we just living in a simulation?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a post on another site talking about this. I mean were here aren't we, but does life really feel the same since? I mean it seems like the world itself has gone downhill since. I can't even remember back to 2012 either. Just seems like before then everything was going good and now nothing seems to go good anymore. Seems like joy is temporary or not even real feeling. Time is moving faster and faster. Am I the only one?

Seems like quite the big astrological even coming Monday. Did the Mayans have their timeline wrong? On December 21, a rare alignment between Jupiter and Saturn, also known as a Great Conjunction, is going to happen.

I think about this quite a bit, things never seem right anymore.

I know Elon Musk believes we live in a simulation:

Elon Musk says we may live in a simulation. Here's how we might tell if he's right (nbcnews.com)

Then there is the theory of the Quantum Observer effect which acts just like a video card render.

When a quantum "observer" is watching Quantum mechanics states that particles can also behave as waves. This can be true for electrons at the submicron level, i.e., at distances measuring less than one micron, or one thousandth of a millimeter. When behaving as waves, they can simultaneously pass through several openings in a barrier and then meet again at the other side of the barrier. This "meeting" is known as interference.
Strange as it may sound, interference can only occur when no one is watching. Once an observer begins to watch the particles going through the openings, the picture changes dramatically: if a particle can be seen going through one opening, then it's clear it didn't go through another. In other words, when under observation, electrons are being "forced" to behave like particles and not like waves. Thus the mere act of observation affects the experimental findings.
What about Lunar ripples? You have seen the old monitors and tv's that have a refresh rate. Seems like the moon does as well:

Last edited by a moderator:

Man, just looking at the news and everything is a joke anymore. It's getting so bad people really are thinking we are living in a simulation because everything is so dumb and backwards anymore.

200.gif

I hate to bring this up again, but me and @C Pav were just talking about this last night. Why does it feel like we are living in backwards land anymore? Everything is the opposite of what it should be. This new world would make a great Twilight Zone episode. A man wakes up where everything is the opposite of what it should be. You know why I enjoy video games? Because they are more normal than the world we live in these days. Everything is a joke anymore. Rant.. Rant... Rant...

200.gif

This thread really has got me wondering, what if the entire internet is run by Ai. I also believe that the internet makes you feel like it is a wide big world. But I think in reality it's not as big as you think. What if sites like Facebook and X are not made up of so many users as they portray?y. I mean when you see all these people on Facebook or X, how do you know that those photos on Facebook are really real? Do you know all these people? No, you only know the ones you know which are actually a small drop in the bucket. Same goes for X, how do you know all these people are actually writing this stuff? Have you ever seen these people behind the monitors? Maybe it's all just Ai doing the posting?

11.jpg

I have been reading about some of the new Ai tools for forums that are starting to come out. I can totally see why the dead internet theory exists now. I mean the Ai has gotten so good you really don't know if the person that is responding to you on a forum is really real or not. Shoot maybe I am not even real on Fluxoid.

aging crazy eyes GIF by Jacqueline Jing Lin

I think @C Pav is starting to realize this. I still say something happened in 2012, because it all seemed to go downhill since then, and everything is flipped the opposite.

Back