What's new

Apple and Macs

nodle

Administrator
I am really starting to get serious looking at this. I have been watching Youtube videos on it and the performance is amazing. I think Apple has something with thier new M1 silicion chips. Honestly at this rate if they keep it up it the ARM processor may be the future.

jmanz

I am really starting to get serious looking at this. I have been watching Youtube videos on it and the performance is amazing. I think Apple has something with thier new M1 silicion chips. Honestly at this rate if they keep it up it the ARM processor may be the future.
They are working on M3 as we speak. Will be a year or two though.

nodle

Administrator
From what I read they are suppose to introduce a M1pro chip in a Mac mini coming out. Was supposed to be released by now, but some are saying March 2022 now. The only reason I am looking at this is because of the price point. I could get into something like this and when the new ones come out, roll my parents over to this one in time. They are needing an upgrade anyways. One great things about MacOS is you can still be using a conmputer from 2013/2014 and get their new OS. The longevitiy and support is amazing.

jmanz

From what I read they are suppose to introduce a M1pro chip in a Mac mini coming out. Was supposed to be released by now, but some are saying March 2022 now. The only reason I am looking at this is because of the price point. I could get into something like this and when the new ones come out, roll my parents over to this one in time. They are needing an upgrade anyways. One great things about MacOS is you can still be using a conmputer from 2013/2014 and get their new OS. The longevitiy and support is amazing.
Yes mine is a late 2015 model and still receiving the new OS's.

nodle

Administrator
Well just placed my order for my Mac Mini M1, along with a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, and a Magic Trackpad as well. :)

nodle

Administrator
Well my first post from my new Mac mini. I ran into a few little problems with the setup. Mostly my keyboard, but found there was a little hardware update to do, it fixed everything. The extra money for the Touch ID keyboard was well worth it. Downloading the new Monterey update as we speak. Took me a little to get back into the way things work, since it has been a few years since I have used a Mac. Hooked my little iFi Zen dad up to it, and she is pumping up Spotify as well. One thing I thought I may not like the was the magic track pad. I took a chance on it, but man the gestures are pretty cool. I am catching super fast onto using it as well. It is supposed to be better for you than a mouse with carpel tunnel. It's really amazing the face touch and how it works one it. The future is here boys and I am hoping on the train!:cool:

nodle

Administrator
I am trying to hate this Mac. I keep telling myself "You don't need it you have a PC". But when I use it everything seems so simplified and it gives me a cozy feeling. I am trying to find an excuse to hate it, but then love using it when I use it.

nodle

Administrator
Got to compare the new iPhones yesterday. I'm kind of digging the mini, it' has all the same feature minus the size and a little less battery life, but man would be nice for us pocket carriers.

nodle

Administrator
I thought I would post some of my must have apps for Mac.
  1. Magnet - Basically like Windows 'snap' feature. Allows you to drag windows and have them perform options.
  2. HazeOver - Darkens Windows in the background. This one really makes a difference in your OS.
  3. Sleeve - Works with most audio services out there. Displays album artwork and Artists title and song titles, also allows you to control it from desktop as well. So many options to change your display style as well. This is so worth the money and one of my favorite apps.

nodle

Administrator
Left out another amazing must have tool.
  1. Yoink - This handy little program adds a small slide out 'shel' when you goto drag something. Then when your ready, just pull it back out. Text, images, files, it doesn't matter.