Antivirus of choice?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what antivirus of choice does everyone use here? I've tried about everyone, but for me Norton corp. seems the simplest and seems to take the least amount of resources. What do you prefer?

Well I currently run Mcafee on my PC, but in my experience I would agree with you on Norton Corp, very reliable and relatively easy on the resources.

Norton itself on the other hand is a beast known to royally mess up your email and sometimes internet. Just ask jmanz or davec. Norton's anti-spam addition is so efficient that it prevents you from receiving and sending spam, or any email for that matter.

Well I currently run Mcafee on my PC' date=' but in my experience I would agree with you on Norton Corp, very reliable and relatively easy on the resources. Norton itself on the other hand is a beast known to royally mess up your email and sometimes internet. Just ask jmanz or davec. Norton's anti-spam addition is so efficient that it prevents you from receiving and sending spam, or any email for that matter.[/quote']I 100% agree with you on the rest of Norton's product line. I can't tell you how many time I have about pulled my hair out because of their products :evil: Why can't they just make their products like they do their corp. versions?

oh man, I can't believe how many calls we get concerning email not working when the problem actually is the antivirus breaking stuff. Mostly after norton does an update we've noticed. Mcafee probably has their issues, but we see a lot less. Maybe its because soooooo many people have Norton compared to other brands. Admin I remember you used to use Panda back in the day. What are your thoughts on them?

Back in the days when i was at the helpdesk it seemed more like we were doing Norton support than ISP support.

Mcafee does have some occasional issues, but no where near the problems that Norton has. I think one of the biggest problems is the people that buy the security suites.

My advice to people who ask me "Get antivirus, if you need a firewall get a router, and if you want spam blocking get it from your ISP. "

The Boarder speaks the truth. I have them shut that firewall off first thing. I just had to deal with the Zone Alarm demon a few hours ago. Could ping dns and a domain but no web page. Removed Zone Alarm, up they went. Waste of time, especially people that can't figure out their own software.

Panda sucks :LOL: . And yes if your behind a router I don't see a need for another firewall. Besides we all know the viruses come from the antivirus companies :wink:

Besides we all know the viruses come from the antivirus companies :wink:
Sounds like another conspiracy topic for Tinfoils

i think davec will be hanging out in the tinfoil room quite a bit.

I love the tinfoil stuff. Give me some illuminati conspiracy stuff now.

norton slowdownyourhardrivus

Back