Nintendo Switch

For those of you that have a Switch, do you find yourself playing more with it docked, or the portable option?

I play it docked on a television.

Are the Switches hard to find or something? Just wondering I saw a bunch in stock at Target over the weekend, but some posts online make it seem like they are hard to find.

Are the Switches hard to find or something? Just wondering I saw a bunch in stock at Target over the weekend, but some posts online make it seem like they are hard to find.
Yes, they are still fairly hard to find.  Stores will get in a shipment, sell out in a day and then maybe you'll see them again within a few weeks.  I've happened to see them in Target once and a Walmart once, they were gone within a day.  Also, Targets have been known to get a shipment in and just put a few out each day for a few days to make the shipment last.  Also, I saw some in Walmart this weekend, but they were actually just empty boxes on display, they didn't actually have any in stock to sell.

How is everyone liking their Switch still? I was in Walmart over the weekend and they had tons in stock.

How is everyone liking their Switch still? I was in Walmart over the weekend and they had tons in stock.
Truthfully with spring/summer coming and all the other games I have I kind of gotten away from playing it much. It's great don't get me wrong. Zelda is amazing with so much to do and is a masterpiece of a game but I just lost interest. Been playing my PS4 for MLB and XBox One for WWE 2k16. I am in one of those phases where I just kind of not excited for as much gaming. The weather and busy life adds to that with outside activities, yard work and all that.

Truthfully with spring/summer coming and all the other games I have I kind of gotten away from playing it much. It's great don't get me wrong. Zelda is amazing with so much to do and is a masterpiece of a game but I just lost interest. Been playing my PS4 for MLB and XBox One for WWE 2k16. I am in one of those phases where I just kind of not excited for as much gaming. The weather and busy life adds to that with outside activities, yard work and all that.
I hear ya Brother. That is why I gave up WoW. When would I possible have time? I get home in the evening and am basically out in the yard or doing something else. I am like you if I was going to game right now it would be quick matches of something, I have been trying to play Zelda a link to the past, but I only get like 15 minutes each time because then my Daughter comes in and wants to play something.

I hear ya Brother. That is why I gave up WoW. When would I possible have time? I get home in the evening and am basically out in the yard or doing something else. I am like you if I was going to game right now it would be quick matches of something, I have been trying to play Zelda a link to the past, but I only get like 15 minutes each time because then my Daughter comes in and wants to play something.
I am interested in the new Mario Kart but yeah when I do play now it's only a few nights a week and late. Then I end up staying up later then I should have and sacrificing sleep and feel terrible the next day. The older I get the harder it is to continue that routine. Before I could stay up late and still get up early and feel fine. Now not so much.

Never seen one or played but I hear the Switch is killing it with sales so far.

Well what I don't get it they say they are hard to get, but every store that I have been too when I walk by the Nintendo area they always have plenty of switches in stock. Last store I was in had about 8.

Well what I don't get it they say they are hard to get, but every store that I have been too when I walk by the Nintendo area they always have plenty of switches in stock. Last store I was in had about 8.
They must not sell well near you.  Once in a while I've happened to see them in stock, but they still sell out quickly.  Same con as with the Wii and such - they just limit the availability.  They've sold well so far, time will tell if they can hold interest or not

You think your area is the only market out there? Like some may say...living in the middle of bumfuktville isn't the true measure of the availability of an item. It all comes down to the overall availability in the world.

You think your area is the only market out there? Like some may say...living in the middle of bumfuktville isn't the true measure of the availability of an item. It all comes down to the overall availability in the world.
Keep talking like that and our GOP House candidate will body slam you.

Ok guys give me an update. Do you still play with your Switch? @C Pav @ndboarder

Ok guys give me an update. Do you still play with your Switch? @C Pav @ndboarder
I "switched" out the HDMI cable with a longer one the other day...does that count?In all seriousness NO! Nothing against the system as Zelda is a masterpiece and amazing game BUT I lost interest in it. I think the size of the world along with the effort it takes to get to places as well as some puzzles kind of overwhelmed me. I know one can get better gear and "buy" more stamina plus other useful powers to make things easier but I don't know with the limited time I have to game I just moved onto playing my MLB baseball franchise and quicker fast paced games on the XBox.

Not to say I don't want to play Mario Kart and I am excited for the new Mario but let's be honest, I have yet to get back into the Wii U Mario despite it being fun and a great looking and playing game. I will also admit the achievement and trophy hunter in me kind of draws me to the other systems more.

I "switched" out the HDMI cable with a longer one the other day...does that count?In all seriousness NO! Nothing against the system as Zelda is a masterpiece and amazing game BUT I lost interest in it. I think the size of the world along with the effort it takes to get to places as well as some puzzles kind of overwhelmed me. I know one can get better gear and "buy" more stamina plus other useful powers to make things easier but I don't know with the limited time I have to game I just moved onto playing my MLB baseball franchise and quicker fast paced games on the XBox.
Not to say I don't want to play Mario Kart and I am excited for the new Mario but let's be honest, I have yet to get back into the Wii U Mario despite it being fun and a great looking and playing game. I will also admit the achievement and trophy hunter in me kind of draws me to the other systems more.
Thanks for at least being honest. I was just wondering because I don't see much hype about it anymore. Kinda like the Wii U it started off real strong, then kinda faded into the shadows. Seems like more people are interested in the announcement of the Snes Classic Console than anything anymore.

Not frequently.  Zelda was AWESOME!!!!!  I bought Mario Kart and personally haven't played it, wife played that a bit the other night.  The most I've used it in the past month has been to turn it on and apply an update.

The issue with the Switch is that the games you get are just the ones Nintendo can put out because any 3rd party game you can get on Xbox or PS4 will be better elsewhere, unless you want the portability.  

It's a great device for playing Nintendo exclusives, there just haven't been any of those since Zelda I cared about.  I will probably play it a bit more coming up as the first DLC for Zelda launches soon, and the bigger better DLC comes later this year.  Also, the Mario game coming.

So, no I haven't played it a lot, but they are still tough to find and with Mario and possibly the Yoshi/Kirby stuff coming yet this year, they will remain tough to find especially this fall leading into the holiday season.  Mario will make them a hot item and very tough to find.

Not frequently.  Zelda was AWESOME!!!!!  I bought Mario Kart and personally haven't played it, wife played that a bit the other night.  The most I've used it in the past month has been to turn it on and apply an update.The issue with the Switch is that the games you get are just the ones Nintendo can put out because any 3rd party game you can get on Xbox or PS4 will be better elsewhere, unless you want the portability.  
It's a great device for playing Nintendo exclusives, there just haven't been any of those since Zelda I cared about.  I will probably play it a bit more coming up as the first DLC for Zelda launches soon, and the bigger better DLC comes later this year.  Also, the Mario game coming.

So, no I haven't played it a lot, but they are still tough to find and with Mario and possibly the Yoshi/Kirby stuff coming yet this year, they will remain tough to find especially this fall leading into the holiday season.  Mario will make them a hot item and very tough to find.
So you finally beat Zelda then?

So you finally beat Zelda then?
I have not done the final boss fight.  I have heard it is easier than some of what I completed already.  I''ve been at a point I could've gone to do the final fight for a long time, but instead spent many hours exploring the large world and searching for shrines and other things.  With warmer weather I just havne't played any game console as much the past couple months, but I plan to pick up the DLC for some new challenges and will likely do the final boss fight at some point after that.

I am basically like you guys. I would like to play Zelda, but is it worth just buying an entire console for?

Back