Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Amazon Prime has gone downhill and SUCKS

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I think you have mentioned that you get Sunday delivery, not so lucky here.
Pretty sure that both Saturday and Sunday deliveries depend more on the USPS in the area than anything else. Any maybe if they choose to use one certain flavor of UPS that does Saturdays

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well my luck, Amazon threw the Echo Plus 2nd gen back up again with Cyber Monday prices, so I picked it up along an Echo Spot (new alarm clock). :) I had a feeling they would throw it up again before Christmas.

Last edited:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I am going to tell you how dumb Amazon is. So I purchased a Fire HD 10" yesterday it is due for delivery Thursday. Today I woke up and it's $20 cheaper. But Amazon refuses to credit me the $20 and had me replace the exact same order for the exact same product and it is due for the exact same day for delivery but refused to credit me the $20. I explained to them they will probably eat that in return shipping which I am not paying for. Makes no sense whatsoever. I haven't even received it yet and I already cancelled it and returned it. o_O

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I am going to tell you how dumb Amazon is. So I purchased a Fire HD 10" yesterday it is due for delivery Thursday. Today I woke up and it's $20 cheaper. But Amazon refuses to credit me the $20 and had me replace the exact same order for the exact same product and it is due for the exact same day for delivery but refused to credit me the $20. I explained to them they will probably eat that in return shipping which I am not paying for. Makes no sense whatsoever. I haven't even received it yet and I already cancelled it and returned it. o_O
lol I feel that you are trolling us now with these Amazon stories. My god they must roll their eyes when they look up your call/chat history!

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
$20 is $20, but still you purchased it and then it dropped. They gave you a way to get your money back. You were happy with the price yesterday enough to order, so either deal with it, or follow the process to get the $20 off. It's an Amazon device so if you have Prime I highly doubt you have to pay to return it, just print a label and drop it off somewhere...

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
It's an Amazon device so if you have Prime I highly doubt you have to pay to return it, just print a label and drop it off somewhere...
I am just thinking about company wise though. They should add something in your account for something like this. As long as the item is purchased from Amazon, have a 1 week or 2 week price adjustment, for cases like this where you could log in and the database would compare item x time frame x price reduction = credit applied to original payment on file. It would save Amazon employee time and shipping = more money for Amazon and happy customers. I believe Best Buy already has something in store that does this, and theirs last a long time in case there is a price drop.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I miss the extra fast shipping from Amazon around the holidays, now it seems like they are just delivering on their normal time schedule once again. UPS must had let all their extra help go after the holidays.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I miss the extra fast shipping from Amazon around the holidays, now it seems like they are just delivering on their normal time schedule once again. UPS must had let all their extra help go after the holidays.
Did you call in to complain again?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Can't complain there. I figured your city soon should be getting same day delivery.
I'm not sure. It's actually not new here - it just only applies to items coming from the twin cities over in Minnesota. Their new focus on one day hasn't hit yet. I'd imagine their investment is in infrastructure and logisitics to have more items on hand at the hubs to get most items to most places within 1 day. If they add a lot more cargo flight routes to move product from further away faster with the volumes they have to move, I suspect prime prices would go up sooner than later.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Got a nice package in the mail the other day. The mailman decides to shove (he must have been punching the box to make it fit) in the mailbox. Obviously it's to large for a standard mailbox. We have an easy to pull in driveway with a loop, it would only take him 1 more minute out of the day but nope. The box looked like crap, surprisingly the contents were ok though.