What's new

Amazon Prime announces no rush shipping option

nodle

Administrator
Amazon Prime, the membership program that provides members FREE Two-day shipping on millions of items, has just announced No-Rush Shipping. The No-Rush program offers Prime members an incentive, such as Amazon Instant Video credits toward streaming movies and TV shows, to select a different shipping option that still delivers their items within a week.

The new program offers additional flexibility to existing Prime members and makes the program even more attractive to prospective Prime members. Prime members are able to filter search and browse results to show only Amazon Prime products, which includes all FBA offers. To learn more about the Amazon Prime member experience for FBA products, visit the FBA Customer Experience page.

FREE Two-day shipping will still be the default Prime option. Members will have to select the No-Rush option during checkout. The Prime No-Rush program does not affect proceeds from or fees for FBA orders.

For more information, visit the About No-Rush Shipping help page.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndboarder

Interesting. I don't think I care about video credits, but some $$ back on account would be nice. Then you could choose no-rush on less critical and occasionally choose the $4 option for next day with the balance you got from no-rush, or just put it toward some other purchase.

C Pav

But isn't the main reason so many(if not everyone) joins prime is because of the free 2 day shipping and cheap overnight shipping?

nodle

Administrator
But isn't the main reason so many(if not everyone) joins prime is because of the free 2 day shipping and cheap overnight shipping?
That and the videos, and the music, etc. But basically they are just trying to save money because shipping is getting so expensive.

ndboarder

I would guess the majority sign up for the free 2 day shipping. I first signed up because I had an order, needed 2 day shipping, and the items ordered were heavy. Would've cost nearly as much for 2 day shipping on one order as it did to just join Prime.

I get that they are mainly doing it to offset shipping costs, but I would take advantage of this on occasion if the reward for waiting is worth it. Not everything I order needs to come in 2 days. I would definitely take 2 days over 5 all the time, but if they offer something I value and it can wait, I would choose a no rush option.

At least they aren't implementing a limit, like say only allowing up to one 2 day delivery per month or something.

ndboarder

I really have not looked into this, but the latest headline I saw made it sound like you just get a $1 video credit. If that is the case, I'll take 2 day shipping every time. They'll need better options, like a few dollars of straight account credit, to get my attention.

The difference in cost between 2 day and normal shipping is > $1 and I don't use their paid video service, so the math just doesn't work at all in my favor.