The faked black hole photo conspiracy

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EZWnM85.jpg

Am I the only one that didn't think the news about the photo of the black hole was all that great? I mean how do we even know the photo was real? I swear sometimes they produce this stuff just for funding. How would you ever know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that didn't think the news about the photo of the black hole was all that great? I mean how do we even know the photo was real? I swear sometimes they produce this stuff just for funding. How would you ever know?
I agree. This one lady is getting all this credit for writing code/software that took telescope data and converted it to a picture...huh what? Then the actual image isn't anything special either and this proves or advances anything for us here on earth how? Watch this be a huge joke and the image is actually a dumb computer that just down pixelated goatse.

I agree. This one lady is getting all this credit for writing code/software that took telescope data and converted it to a picture...huh what? Then the actual image isn't anything special either and this proves or advances anything for us here on earth how? Watch this be a huge joke and the image is actually a dumb computer that just down pixelated goatse.
You know I am like you you saw the photo of here. Why do they need to always leave your calculations on their drawing boards in the background? Do they really even make sense? "Hey someone draw a triangle and some numbers, we need to make this look professional".
190410-katie-bouman.jpg

Notice the lines of code in the background and what looks like Firefoxe's HTML inspector open on the side. Seems almost staged.

Look I just did the same thing in about 30 seconds

22dR6jM.jpg

She is also taking credit for the algorithm for the code. If you look at the code, she barely even worked on it.

https://github.com/achael/eht-imaging/graphs/contributors

Andrew Chael wrote 850k out of the 900k lines of code He was also the leader of the project Michael D. Johnson wrote 12k lines of code Chanchikwan wrote 5k lines of code

She Only wrote 2.4k lines of code

Interestingly enough, the code she wrote was importing something called HOPStools

Interestingly enough if we go look at HOPStools and all its contributors we get:

weilgusm wrote 2.9k lines of code

chanchikwan wrote 676 lines of code

Andrew Chael wrote 1.2k lines of code

jpbarrett wrote 71 lines of code

Katie Bouman wrote 2 lines of code

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly the more I think about this the more it actually makes sense. I think they purposely picked a women even though she contributed the least. I mean how dare someone say it's not real? Are you putting a smart woman down? Also think about it. You get tons of funds and grants and you produce something like this for your company? You company will be well taken care of for years to come. How is ever going to know? It's not like they can just go check.

VPO90nL.jpg

Now that this life changing, world peace, cancer curing, anti-aging and end of human death discovery has been made how does the scientific community even top it?

Now that this life changing, world peace, cancer curing, anti-aging and end of human death discovery has been made how does the scientific community even top it?
More cat pictures on the internet duh!?

Back