3D and resin based printers

Got everything put back together. The ferrule kit is pretty sweet, like crimp on banana plugs. They worked great. Now just need to compile the firmware and I am set. Will probably test it out this weekend.

So I tried something that I have been wanting to do for awhile over the weekend. Kinda messed up on it, but it was a good test. I took a topography of a mountain range and turned it into a .STL file and then printed it. Basically turned out like one of those raised map prints with the elevations. Like I said I messed up on some of my settings, but it's a start.

So the power went out last night, and yep lost a 12hr print had about 1 1/2 hours to go.?

I need to get back into this so I can print me some baby Yodas. :)

Fired up my little delta, printed out a baby Yoda, articulated slug, and a articulated puppy for the kids. Worked flawless.

Started slowly getting back into the 3D printing game, broke out my little guy and printed the kids a couple of neat toys. Ordered some small parts for it to make it better. Thinking about ordering a Prusa mini, but the dam wait time is about 5 months to ship.

I dun goofed last night. Tried to drill out a pin on my extruder motor last night ended up messing it up. Cost me $25 bucks for a new one, guess no one to blame but myself. :(

So an update, got an order directly from the company for a new stepper motor, and it was the wrong ohm. I need a 10ohm stepper driver, then one they sent me was a 2ohm. Also ordered one off Amazon as well which came as a 2ohm. Thankfully my machine has 1 month left for warranty so I sent it off, I have nothing really to lose, hopefully they send me a new version that has all the 2ohm motors that they ended up switching to.

Got some new parts in for my larger printer. Took my extruder off replaced with new one, replaced hot end with new one as well. Cleaned up cabling. Now just need to re-flash firmware once again.

Went out and installed some more parts on my bigger printer last night. I think she will be ready to calibrate and print next.

Went out and did some test printing. First off the PEI flex steel plate is amazing. If your gonna print, use PEI. Everything was perfectly dialed in. Will do a big print this weekend. Pretty excited.

Here is the math to do extruder calibration:

Code:
Input lenght = measured filament @ 100mm
times (x) current E-steps number (example defualt 95mm)
=9500

Take the 100mm and subtract (-) the amount measured from the 100mm (Example 7.26mm)
= 92.74

Take the 9500 and divide (/) by your measured length remaining (9500 (/) 92.74 = 102.44 rounded up)
= new E-steps that needs to be put into machine and saved
*NOTE

Run a few single layer tests, I had to lower mine back down just a hair because I was over extruding. I came out good at 100mm. Your results will vary.

Also adding example video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my new little delta machine back from warranty and they sent me a new one. First thing I did was test the extruder motor and it tested at 2ohms which means its the new model so everything will work. Pretty excited!

Pretty good weekend with my little delta. Took her apart, installed a cork bottom under the bed to help retain heat better, plugged the bottom hole. Re-calibrated my E-steps and installed my TL smoothers. Printed a test cube and she was pretty. Can't wait to print something highly detailed now.

Had some more fun with my little delta last night. Got the new extruder parts yesterday so installed those, and while I was at it removed the old bowden tubing, and replaced it with Capricorn tubing. Then printed a test cube and she prints so nice. I have her pretty pimped out now.

I installed some TL smoothers on my bigger printer, and did a test print, they actually made prints worse, so pulled them out of there.

Well thinking about getting into resin printing now, looking for more accuracy, and I feel I have waited so some major advancements and the bugs worked out.

Back