What's new
Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Amazon and shipping

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Just got a couple of 400 watt corsairs from Amazon. Stock was in and shipment was quick. Now on to power tools.........
Oh wait. I just checked my email correspondence. I guess it was newegg I got them from. A feller gets confused with ordering at work.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Seems like Amazon here this week has stepped it up. I ordered stuff that was suppose to come Friday, but they show being delivered today. Nice work Amazon!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So strange thing this weekend, maybe someone else can verify as well, but I noticed that Amazon is no longer showing a product being delivered by Wednesday if ordered on Monday by noon. It has always been this way since I have lived here. Now it is showing Thursday for every product on their site. Has anyone seen this?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
So strange thing this weekend, maybe someone else can verify as well, but I noticed that Amazon is no longer showing a product being delivered by Wednesday if ordered on Monday by noon. It has always been this way since I have lived here. Now it is showing Thursday for every product on their site. Has anyone seen this?
It depends on what warehouse closest to you has the item and available services to get to your area. I know for some items if I am shipping to me, I have until 10pm to get it in 2 days (10pm Monday, get it Wednesday). Shipping the same thing to a smaller town a few UPS/FEDEX/USPS hops away and that item would be a Thursday delivery at that time. Other items the cutoff is much earlier in the day.

if your's has changed, i would imagine some warehouse closer to you doesn't have things you are looking at or was completely shuttered, or changes to the delivery routes to get from them to you hvae changed.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
if your's has changed, i would imagine some warehouse closer to you doesn't have things you are looking at or was completely shuttered, or changes to the delivery routes to get from them to you hvae changed.
That's what I thought as well, but no matter what I am looking at everything is showing Thursday. Want to hear something even more strange? Overnight shipping is gone. I have gone to multiple items sold by Amazon and overnight shipping is gone for every item as well. Did I order to much stuff from them? Did they revoke my privileges? 🤪

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Changes in available delivery services in the area? I just put in a very large order Saturday evening for things and didn't see any differences. I was after the early cutoff, before the late and some items. 7 packages for 27 items, most were scheduled for Tuesday, some Wednesday. Two of the packages already showed up today (a day early)

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Changes in available delivery services in the area?
Maybe I guess, just odd Shipping was great for me last week like I posted above. So I placed an order and it said it wouldn't be here till Thursday for the cutoff time. Just checked again after the cutoff time and it says I have 16 hours to order to get by Thursday? It's like they system was flawed for Monday, makes no sense.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So ya pretty sure Amazon's shipping was messed up yesterday. Got home and everything is back to normal including overnight shipping. The good new is my package is back on schedule like it should be.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well it's back no matter what item I select on Amazon, overnight is gone on every item again. Site wide problem? I just wondering if they are doing it because of all the snow?

*UPDATE

When I browse the Amazon site not logged in it shows overnight, as soon as I log it it's gone. Must be our area where they shut it off at.

Last edited:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Well it's back no matter what item I select on Amazon, overnight is gone on every item again. Site wide problem? I just wondering if they are doing it because of all the snow?

*UPDATE

When I browse the Amazon site not logged in it shows overnight, as soon as I log it it's gone. Must be our area where they shut it off at.
And you haven't complained yet???????