What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon and shipping

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
So I am about done with Amazon. Been a member since the year 2000. Everything has been great, I have been a Prime member for years, and it doesn't seem like a week that doesn't go by that I don't by something off of Amazon. All summer long free 2 day shipping with UPS bringing it to my house. Then about a month ago or my last 4 purchases something changed. They are no longer sending my packages in UPS or even FedEX. They are no sending me my packages in USPS. What does that mean? Well the last 4 packages everyone has been late. If they are coming USPS they don't get here on time. It says "Guaranteed Delivery" on the web site but no longer. That means Prime is basically useless for me. It will force me to go somewhere else that I know at least ships with UPS. Sure enough my package is again delayed. I have called and been on live chat with Amazon twice and they say there is nothing that they can do. Well you could ship UPS is what you could do, or I am looking for somewhere else.

ryanator

Mathematical
Yep, Amazon is degrading and hurting in their internal shipping/receiving department.  I've had issues starting over a year ago with this. The golden age of great internet shipping is passing.  If I remember correctly, some items even said 3 day in checkout.  I think this is another reason Amazon is trying to do their own delivery service, but how is that even going to work smoothly except in only select larger cities?  Prime packages coming via USPS isn't right, and demands credit or Prime membership refund in some way. I remember many times when ordering from other random places and tracking would say your package is in your city, but offloaded to USPS for sorting and then you get it the next day.  Also, I've had many more issues with damaged or lost packages in the last year or so when I never used to have this issue.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Ya I wonder if this somehow ties to the whole dropping UPS and FedEX thing that Amazon is looking to do. I have also noticed that not everything is Prime anymore, and also that the overnight on almost everything use to be $3.99 now it's $6.99. Our UPSP also cares less than the others and just toss everything around, they are a primary mail company that is use to dealing with letters, not huge packages. They are probably not setup for it and also their little trucks cannot hold that volume of packages being received daily. If they really did switch especially in my area they are going to be pissed and not be able to handle the load, which will result in more late packages and damaged packages.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
We were just talking about this the other day. Really no use to be a Prime member anymore. A shame.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
We were just talking about this the other day. Really no use to be a Prime member anymore. A shame.
I got on live chat again and went off on the chat guy, hes like I'll give you a free month of Prim for your trouble I go "what good is a free month worth? I could care less I might as well cancel Prime and just do standard shipping it would get here at the same time". If it is true can you imagine the load on USPS at Christmas time? o_O

ryanator

Mathematical
I got on live chat again and went off on the chat guy, hes like I'll give you a free month of Prim for your trouble I go "what good is a free month worth? I could care less I might as well cancel Prime and just do standard shipping it would get here at the same time". If it is true can you imagine the load on USPS at Christmas time? o_O
Yeah! Stick it to them!

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
I've not noticed much for problems with shipping.  Once or twice maybe something was delayed.  I think most of my packages are still primarily shipping UPS, though sometimes with smart post where it travels UPS to town then USPS to my mailbox.  I don't really mind, USPS stops at my house before UPS would get there, plus they do Sunday delivery sometimes.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Yeah! Stick it to them!
I apologized to the guy afterwords I went off even worse than that. I said I know your just doing your job and probably are thinking "why did this guy have to come on chat and yell at me". I said I know it's not you but my frustration with the company you work for. I told him not to let me ruin his day. No one needs it, I've been on the other side and know how it is.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
I don't really mind, USPS stops at my house
See in some places this might be ok. But in a small town such as ours there are only so many workers and so many trucks. They are going to have to hire more people and more vehicles because there is no way they can handle the load. My mom said their mailbox and the one shared with their neighbors, boxed from UPSP were just pilled on the ground in front of the mailbox no order, just let people pick though them. Basically just dumped off. Said a couple were just crammed and bent in between the mailboxes too.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
See in some places this might be ok. But in a small town such as ours there are only so many workers and so many trucks. They are going to have to hire more people and more vehicles because there is no way they can handle the load. My mom said their mailbox and the one shared with their neighbors, boxed from UPSP were just pilled on the ground in front of the mailbox no order, just let people pick though them. Basically just dumped off. Said a couple were just crammed and bent in between the mailboxes too.
Well, if your USPS isn't manned properly to deliver mail to people on a daily basis, then they aren't equipped for it.  Normal day to day deliveries the increased packages shouldn't matter outside of apparently needing some training.  Holidays they'll be flooded and potentially need seasonal help for sorting (I know I've seen them advertise for it here).

Generally if packages are delivered by or handed off to USPS the package is put in my mail box if it fits.  If not they walk up and set it on my front step the same as FedEx or UPS

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon sure seems to be "out of stock" on a lot of items lately. There have been a lot of things that I have been wanting to purchase but the seems to always be out of stock or running out of stock on a lot of things. Seems like they use to keep more things in stock.

Top Bottom