Who here hates Mondays?

Davidc

Reaction score
Why would Mondays have to suck necessarily? Could it be that Mondays are no different than any other day of the week? There's the same amount of hours in Monday as Tuesday.

However, on Monday's one generally returns to work and you must pick up where you left off prior to the weekend. This may also include new issues which have appeared over a weekend, perhaps backed up calls to return for example, and one also must get back into the working mindset.  Plus there is the fact that Monday is the furthest from the upcoming weekend.  You are correct though, Monday's don't necessarily have to suck, if your work weeks is Tue. - Sat. then Tuesday would be as infamous as Monday to such a person.

However, on Monday's one generally returns to work and you must pick up where you left off prior to the weekend. This may also include new issues which have appeared over a weekend, perhaps backed up calls to return for example, and one also must get back into the working mindset.  Plus there is the fact that Monday is the furthest from the upcoming weekend.  You are correct though, Monday's don't necessarily have to suck, if your work weeks is Tue. - Sat. then Tuesday would be as infamous as Monday to such a person.
You bring up some interesting points. A strong case is made for why Mondays could suck.

I think part of it is that your mind gets used to the relaxation that occurs on the weekend.  It always takes me a few hours on monday to get back in the groove.  However, for some weird reason I'm more ready to go on Monday when I work Saturday.

Weird that you would bring this up. I was just thinking the same thing all day today, and was thinking about making a post also. Almost every job complains about Mondays. I think if you were to look at statics, it would show that most people that have jobs would complain that Mondays is the worst day off the week. Again maybe it has to do with a physiological thought in your head that you just have to go back to work. I do honestly think though that the moon has to do with alot of people attitudes. After all our bodies are roughly 70 percent of water, and just as the moon affects the tides of the ocean, it also affects us in the same manner. Seems like we get alot of weirdos in around the full moon. Each time we all laugh about it and sure enough it is a full moon.

Weird that you would bring this up. I was just thinking the same thing all day today, and was thinking about making a post also. Almost every job complains about Mondays. I think if you were to look at statics, it would show that most people that have jobs would complain that Mondays is the worst day off the week. Again maybe it has to do with a physiological thought in your head that you just have to go back to work. I do honestly think though that the moon has to do with alot of people attitudes. After all our bodies are roughly 70 percent of water, and just as the moon affects the tides of the ocean, it also affects us in the same manner. Seems like we get alot of weirdos in around the full moon. Each time we all laugh about it and sure enough it is a full moon.
There's been some research on effects of the full moon if I remember correctly. The periodical I purused indicated that there's no empirical evidence to suggest an affect. I don't buy the periodical's views one bit.

I was not conscious this past Monday.  I went to bed at 1030 a.m. and did not awake until 0330 a.m. on Tuesday.  This was mostly due to the fact that I only slept for 3 hours on Sunday, and 6 on the Saturday that preceded it.  It was a great way to spend my Monday, however.  I would make the case that the worse day to work is Friday.  Everyone and there fucking pets comes to the ER on Friday night for any of a list of bullshit complaints because they have nothing to do on Saturday and can piss away my time on Friday night.  Likewise, Sundays suck because nobody wants to work on Monday.  So instead, they go to the ER and try to get an excuse on why their lazy, poor excuse for existance should be allowed to stay home on Monday.  Further compounding the fact that weekends suck in the hospital is, no doctors are working.  Thus, nobody goes home.  There is always a strugle to find places for these retards.  I hate working weekends, but more importantly, I hate stupid people who think they need medical attention because they have occasional pain their lower back.  Key word is EMERGENCY in emergency room.  Cut your hand off and come back later...

I was not conscious this past Monday.  I went to bed at 1030 a.m. and did not awake until 0330 a.m. on Tuesday.  This was mostly due to the fact that I only slept for 3 hours on Sunday, and 6 on the Saturday that preceded it.  It was a great way to spend my Monday, however.  I would make the case that the worse day to work is Friday.  Everyone and there fucking pets comes to the ER on Friday night for any of a list of bullshit complaints because they have nothing to do on Saturday and can piss away my time on Friday night.  Likewise, Sundays suck because nobody wants to work on Monday.  So instead, they go to the ER and try to get an excuse on why their lazy, poor excuse for existance should be allowed to stay home on Monday.  Further compounding the fact that weekends suck in the hospital is, no doctors are working.  Thus, nobody goes home.  There is always a strugle to find places for these retards.  I hate working weekends, but more importantly, I hate stupid people who think they need medical attention because they have occasional pain their lower back.  Key word is EMERGENCY in emergency room.  Cut your hand off and come back later...
There is indeed something weird about Fridays.  At my workplace, the hardest and weirdest stuff to troubleshoot occurs on Fridays.  I don't know what the reasoning is behind it but just plain odd.

"Cut your hand off and come back later..."

Love it.  :twisted:

Friday's afternoons can get a little crazy around here also. Everyone wants everything done before the weekend.

so somebody actually went to the ER for occasional back pain?

When it rains it pours.

:smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt067 :smt097 :smt091 :smt091 :smt091

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :smt091 :smt091 :smt091 :smt091

Yep... monday's suck... I want to come down with an illness... thus requiring that I go home, nap and play PS3 for the next few days. 

Yep... monday's suck... I want to come down with an illness... thus requiring that I go home, nap and play PS3 for the next few days. 
The ps3virus huh? I think i am getting it.... cough cough

I saw on TV just before I left for lunch (in the commons area of this floor) that 44 states are now reporting widespread flu outbreaks.  hmmm..........

I saw on TV just before I left for lunch (in the commons area of this floor) that 44 states are now reporting widespread flu outbreaks.  hmmm..........
lol

I went to work for two hours today and ended up diagnosing 2 people in two hours with the flu.  Also, I could write you an official hospital no work excuse...... :tinfoil:

Back