Almost bought a DSi XL

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
What do you think should I pick one up? I think Nintendo has done a great job with their portable systems. Plus there are quite a few games I would love to play on it. Is the XL worth going to from the regular version? Think I should or just skip it?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I came close again buying a DSi XL yesterday again. I have to admit it beats the PSP, maybe not graphics wise, but enjoyment of games wise. But I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Iknow I would play it for awhile but then probably just sit there like my PSP.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
I have a DS and a PSP, they do collect a lot of dust, in fact don't know where they are. But they are handy sometimes.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I also have the DS and PSP. The DS gets more play time than the PSP for sure, but both are played more by the gal than myself. I think the main thing is that the DS has more games released for it that aren't available on another platform. Sure the PSP has good games, but most I could get for PS3 or 360 and would prefer them there. For the DS they have a lot more puzzle type games that just aren't on other consoles (Professor Layton games for example).

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I was wanting to pick up Professor Layton too. Is it a fun game?
I have one of the two games and I really enjoyed it. For the most part it's different types of puzzles for you to solve which I enjoy. I need to get the other one, I think there's another on the way too