The Internet Is 'A CIA Project'

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe he is somewhat right. I think it was originally created by the Navy.

Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed Thursday that the Internet is "a CIA project," adding that Moscow needed to "fight" to resist this U.S. influence.Russia is keen to moderate the information super-highway, where opponents of the government who are barred from national television amass their support.
Speaking at a media forum in St. Petersburg on Thursday, Putin said that the Internet originally was a "CIA project" and "is still developing as such," according to a report by The Associated Press.

Putin said Russia needed to "fight for its interests online" in the face of this influence, the AP said.

His comments come at a nadir in U.S.-Russia relations in the post-Cold War era, fueled by tensions over the Ukraine crisis.

Russia's parliament this week passed a law requiring social media websites to keep their servers in Russia and save all information about their users for at least half a year.

He also made comments about the Russian search engine Yandex, which is bigger than Google in Russia. He criticized the company for registering in the Netherlands "not only for tax reasons but for other considerations, too," sending its shares plummeting 5 percent at the Nasdaq's opening Thursday.
Source

It is a series of Tubes man.

Really though. Modern internet was a research project called ARPAnet. Which was ran by the organization that later became DARPA.

Since Snowden, Wikileaks have provided an absolute deluge of additional fodder in this space. What's happened?

Nothing! Nobody cares.

Just yesterday we were alerted to "Dumbo" a CIA project.

Screenshot-2017-08-04-13.43.30-1024x874.png

IOT.png

ipv6 baby!

First year at tech school we had the college's dial up pool. The last year of college we had a 7 megabit download from Midco. (new cable segment) I seem to remember someone using a hole saw to make the connection available to some friends and cousins above. 

I remember the school had only like 5 dial up connections available. A guy had to be persistent to get connected. And then getting disconnected was a very troubling situation.

Their partial T1 was saturated with Napster downloads. 

Back