Hearthstone

Man when Ch'thun comes out your f'ed.
I'd guess so.  I've yet to have anyone play it against me.  Have had many people play the cards to boost it, but none have Ch'thun before the game ended yet though.  I haven't even put a deck together that includes it or any new cards

I'd guess so.  I've yet to have anyone play it against me.  Have had many people play the cards to boost it, but none have Ch'thun before the game ended yet though.  I haven't even put a deck together that includes it or any new cards
Oh trust me if they boost him then play him your are 100% screwed. But him by himself is enough. I think it should had been used in the "wild" pack and not the "standard". To me the "standard" pack should just be the original cards only and no expansion packs.

Oh trust me if they boost him then play him your are 100% screwed. But him by himself is enough. I think it should had been used in the "wild" pack and not the "standard". To me the "standard" pack should just be the original cards only and no expansion packs.
Oh I'm sure you would be - but they can't drop him until later rounds, and have to have him in hand as well.  I've just not had that happen to me yet.  I haven't played a ton either, I'm probably at 3 or 4 wins of the 7 for the second challenge

Ya I think I am in 4 deep out of the seven also.

Ya I think I am in 4 deep out of the seven also.
One of these days I need to take time and build a deck or two for ch'thun and try it out.  I recall a couple decent ch'thun boosting cards popping up for the priest class, which I don't mind using, so I may give that a shot. 

Well I got my other free packs tonight. I kinda wonder if they are giving the same cards to everyone in the packs though since I have seen a lot of people playing the same ones I got out of the free packs.

I wasn't to impressed playing a Priest in this week's Tavern Brawl. He was weak and I would get destroyed each time.

It's designed to be a timesink. They have an algorithm that punishes players who don't buy cards. When it first came out, they didn't know based on their own market research what types of income they could expect so there was way more freedom. Now, if you create a deck, you usually play against the exact same deck archetype or its direct counter. It's kind of like a carnival game where you throw the ball and the pins are all glued together. If you just play a deck that you like that is decent, you will absolutely get a 50% win rate over time. If you adjust to what everyone is playing you need to play 100s and 100s of games to get to a high ranking. :( Anyway

Ya I really don't play it anymore. I was kinda big into it a couple of months ago, then lost interest again.

New Un'Goro expansion is kinda cool. Nice little happy time

Expansions hit this thing a lot more frequently than I realized.  I signed in at some point after the last one just to claim a few free packs.  The opening of packs  animations has gotten annoying though, I couldn't even stand to sit an open the 7 packs or whatever it was that the game gave me.

Anyone tried out the new expansion? @Havel3k?

New reward track starts today (in the quest menu)... newest expansion started in November: Showdown in the Badlands.

Realize I changed my name from Havel3k and missed a few expansions in this thread.

featured-showdown-in-the-badlands-wide.jpg

here is a copy of my shaman deck. I call it elemental illness

I have 27 competition-worthy decks (with a few tweaks). I can link all of them if someone wants. Like I said, I spent too much money on games in my 20s. Not enough to bankrupt me, but that's pretty much what I was doing when I couldn't work

*edit* they added a lot of 'Discover this' cards so I find it is better and more fun to just add one of each otherwise you have too many cards in your collection that you can't play. They tried to add a few things to rectify this, like making it so you can build 27 different decks as well as this guy:

maxresdefault (2).jpg

If your deck is too big, you can add 3 extra tech cards (anti-secret, black knight, steam cleaner, or 3 good legendaries, whatever suits your deck). It helps out quite a bit, it was released two expansions ago. Titans was the last one before Badlands, then they have some kind of rock festival one.

They also made a guy that allows you to have extra health and 40 cards as opposed to 30, but it's hard to balance a bigger deck so it has tradeoffs.

OIP (3).jpg
The most annoying thing in the game now, though, is that games can take either 5 minutes or 20-30 minutes, depending on how big/complicated your deck is. I don't have time to play 1v1 Hearthstone for 30 minutes at a time, so I usually build aggressive/mid-range decks, or I find ways to piss off control archetypes.

That's all for now! Let me know if you want me to link any more of my decks

Last edited:
I liked hearthstone, but I feel like it is one of those games that unless you got into it early you are missing out on some of the good cards.

Yeah, it would definitely take a grind to get your collection up to the point where you can have enough fun to justify keeping playing it. They tried to make it 'fun' by giving you more things more often, but that's not really what anyone wants. We want to use the stuff to make stuff that can win. That's also been one of the main things that has stopped me from trying to play too competitively and definitely has stopped me from giving them more money than I have.

Back