All things related to the Xbox platforms

Almost every PC case looks like every other PC case and nobody bats an eye.

XBox designs a case that is similar to a very few PC cases and SHOCK, has PC parts because you know, no video game system ever runs on "PC" parts... and everyone loses their minds.

laz9mbymvh441.jpg

If only they'd included a nice compartment with a glass door. I need to start the action figures in your xbox trend....

If only they'd included a nice compartment with a glass door. I need to start the action figures in your xbox trend....
Don't tempt Microsoft, they know what all the cool kids want.

I still don't at all understand the hate and all the trolls about the look of the thing. What difference does it make? It will fit in a lot better with other A/V components than the look of PS5 dev kits - the only things those PS5 leaks might go with is the fugly tesla truck. Yet I'm sure I'll still get a PS5 to play the sony exclusives someday.

The Xbox Series X name however... I'd gladly vote to fire whomever thought this was a good name to go with...

The Xbox Series X name however... I'd gladly vote to fire whomever thought this was a good name to go with...
Well, I guess the next gen is technically just called "Xbox" - but in planning for multiple releases this first one is already the Series X model or some horse crap. Just call the first one Xbox - add the series bla junk to later slim/upgraded models in the coming years

No one has announced MSRP on next gen consoles. They've hardly announced the things and release is a year away, not prices disclosed. Just vague "competitively priced" is about all anyone has said.

I will say $500-$600 based off specs.

I will say $500-$600 based off specs.
That's the price range I expect as well. Possibly a bit higher for either console if they ship multiple SKUs at launch - like either a standard and pro versions, or maybe with/without disk drives and different SSD sizes.

This could be on Xbox or PS areas I suppose. I don't understand something. First, a couple point:

1) Microsoft has stated there will not be Series X exclusive games at launch. There may be Xbox exclusives, but any new games will still run on Xbox One as well. Presumably much like today where a game may have further render, better graphics/frames, etc depending how the developer chooses to enable Xbox One X enhanced options.

2) Sony hasn't confirmed one way or the other, but it seems more or less known that they will have launch exclusive games that require a PS5 to play. PS4 players would be left out - thus forcing an upgrade for those wanting the new game(s)

So, someone explain to me why I keep seeing these supposed "gamer" sites writing articles like Xbox is wrong, some almost sound like the Series X will be terrible because of this decision.

I understand that the Sony approach might drive a higher number of initial console sales and could understand some business related articles going this route, but why would a gaming site or a gamer article writer view making new games available to a wider audience (with or without the latest console) as a bad thing?

Personally, as a gamer, I like the approach of keepign things compatible and just enabling better graphics/frames/features on new hardware. Then again, I'm also the guy that decided I wanted a Sega Genesis, because Nintendo made me mad as a little kid when the SNES wouldn't be able to play my existing NES games....

Dat ass doe...

gizj55znl8c41.jpg

Saw that someone leaked some photos. Seems like someone didn't read their non-disclosure agreements very well. I assume these are real and not at all fake, in which case the guy that leaked them has to be an imbecile (which makes me wonder how they got it) - not even bothering to block the serial number which they have to be able to immediately track to the person that had it

I feel as though I should get the new Xbox. Their stock has been so good to me and I like to support companies that I am a shareholder of. Would be my first Xbox console.

Just gotta ask, "the new one, or the one from a couple years ago"...

The way it's going people will be looking for toilet paper in Target though, not consoles

Well, I didn't think Xbox would price before a PS5 announcement, but they did. Series S is $299, Series X is $499 - preorders September 22nd and available November 10th

Well, I didn't think Xbox would price before a PS5 announcement, but they did. Series S is $299, Series X is $499 - preorders September 22nd and available November 10th
So is this a new xbox, or just another version?

Back