Windows Hello

Yes - I have used both Facial recognition and finger print for it. My old 1st generation Surfacebook and one work laptop have camera's capable of face recognition. Faster and more convenient than typing a PIN or password every time. I got a keyboard with a built in finger print reader for my primary machine at work so I could just touch the reader to unlock faster. Missed it enough when WFH started that I got a camera for my home PC that was compatible to allow it there as well.

Yes - I have used both Facial recognition and finger print for it. My old 1st generation Surfacebook and one work laptop have camera's capable of face recognition. Faster and more convenient than typing a PIN or password every time. I got a keyboard with a built in finger print reader for my primary machine at work so I could just touch the reader to unlock faster. Missed it enough when WFH started that I got a camera for my home PC that was compatible to allow it there as well.
Sweet, what type of camera did you buy that was compatible? I had a nice Logitech C920, but I tried it and it said it wasn't compatible. From what I am reading it's very picky on the camera it uses.

Yeah, the camera's have to have specific feature for it to work and unfortunately, aside from a manufacturer stating it's a Windows Hello capable device it's hard to know from what I could ever find.

I got a Logitech Brio

I do have a question for you @ndboarder . Just wanted to see if it works like this or not. But with the webcam or the fingerprint reader, when you sit down and start up your computer your camera will recognize you and log you onto your desktop, or you have to swipe your fingerprint correct? Now once in windows if I open my password manager or swipe my finger if the program supports it it will unlock, or does unlocking the main windows account unlock everything? Maybe you don't know this or not, but I am thinking if I have a webcam > windows recognizes me logs me in> open password program (if supported) and the camera looks at me again and unlocks. Would it work that way?

It unlocks your PC by looking for you or from your finger print swipe. Depending on the application it could be used to unlock the application or such. It is NOT as widely adopted by apps as what you would be used to on phone where you can setup pretty much every app that does authentication to use your face ID these days. I'm not sure if I have any apps that support it actually, other than login to the machine initially, and some web site authentication (work related there though, so that's more Windows hello for Business )

Back