Audio headphones & dacs

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of noise cancellation headphones? The Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II are quite popular, but Amazon sells some cheap Cowin ones. But I have started to look at the Sony WH-1000mx3. I am pretty decided on the Sony ones, but it sounds like the WH-1000mx4 are coming soon. Just wondering if anyone had researched it or have some and what they would recommend?

These Nuraphones look sweet, but I don't know how long I could have those little things in my ears.

What do you need those for?

What do you need those for?
Well just wanted a nice quality pair of headphones for use with gaming, and listen to music the way it's suppose to be listened to with nice sound quality. I have tried the Bose QC 35 II out on demo before and was blown away and the Sony's are suppose to be even better with NC and sound quality.

Sounds to me like the Sony Wh-1000mx4's are due out any day (actually overdue). So I think I am going to wait for them. Suppose to have some new features, plus Bluetooth 5.0.

My journey into sound...

Alas I was once a wee student lost in the art of sound. I came upon a great master named @Davidc that taught me the way. So I originally started out looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones, then i stepped up my price some, then I started watching Youtube videos and reviews. I really had my heart set on the Sony Wh-1000mx3s, but with the Sony Wh-1000mx4's coming out in a week (that they finally announced) I was going to wait. But then I kept reading and watching videos on the Nuralphones and just had to try them. They also released their Nuraloops just recently as well. They had a deal if you buy both you get a discount along with a discount code I found online it dropped it down. So I ordered them both.

First Impressions:

5eb34dd704ebab344d095278_nuraphone-desktop.png

Prepare to be probed! No seriously they have these little probes that stick in your ear. Last night I switched to some smaller tips that made it more comfortable for me as well. You put them on. they make a good seal and the phone app runs you through a hearing test and customizes the sound just for your own hearing. With the latest G2 update that they came out with they added noise cancellation which is amazing. Better than the Bose I tried. Noise cancellation is no gimmick. The clarity is amazing as well. perfectly clear when a song plays. Even if you turn the audio down low, combined with the active noise cancellation everything is perfectly clear. It makes you want to listen to everything and breathes new life into your music. The bass is amazing, you can play with their immersion setting which makes you feel like you are on a concert floor. There is no on/off switch, you just pick them up and put them on and they turn on and when you take them off they go into sleep mode. I think the battery life is 20 hours. Charging to full is 3 hours. The Nuraloops are amazing as well, opened and tried them last night, went through the same setup. I can't believe the bass that can come out the them either, I did not expect that. There is plenty more to talk about with both about the haptic feedback buttons etc. But I'll let you watch Youtube videos if you want more information. So far I am pleased.

5eb88d01f92b589d341bdcbd_Hero-Loop-Transparent-BG.png

https://www.nuraphone.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd looking contraptions. Over the ear earbuds. Being an audiophile is an expensive hobby, but then you'd be looking at super spendy wired headphones w/ equally or more expensive amps if going for pure sound quality from headphones

Odd looking contraptions. Over the ear earbuds. Being an audiophile is an expensive hobby, but then you'd be looking at super spendy wired headphones w/ equally or more expensive amps if going for pure sound quality from headphones
And that brings me to what came in the mail today...icdn.com%2Fkf%2FHb87e17ee685641b8810f0594c52ba9bdp.jpg

Along with 2 sets of IEM headphones...? This thing is a beast and can drive top end headphones as well.

As much as I like the Nuraphones they are starting to hurt my ears. They have a 30 day money back guarantee so I will see how it goes.

Well I was all set to return my Nuraphones, then I put them on last night to reset them (there is no one/off button) it know when you put them off/on. Then I thought I will listen one last time before resetting. Dam, I am still blown away for how good they sound, so I think I am just going to keep them now.

Also go these in.

58908_c314d889-06d3-4737-a9ff-fa35e6e7cd73_934_629.jpg

loads%2F2019%2F04%2F20190408_093918-e1554760897334.jpg

The audiophile buddy I mentioned previously had some FiiO stuff a while back. Pretty sure that was all ebay'ed off to pay for the newer bigger better stuff

The audiophile buddy I mentioned previously had some FiiO stuff a while back. Pretty sure that was all ebay'ed off to pay for the newer bigger better stuff
There is some expensive stuff out there that's for sure. I see why people get addicted to it.

Got me some of these, so good, like pillows for your ears.

r4music.com%2Fmedia%2F14%2F143608%2F1200%2Fpreview.jpg

Nura, just released a update for the Nuraloops today. Fixed a lot of problems people were having, I never did have any of these problems myself personaly.

Picked up the SH9500. excellent headphone for the money.

SHP9500_00-IMS-en_US?$jpglarge$&wid=960.jpg

Did you get rid of the others? How many pairs of headphones can a guy use at once?

Did you get rid of the others? How many pairs of headphones can a guy use at once?
? eek.

Back