Mountains out of molehills

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing like walking into work and people making bigger deals out of stuff that doesn't need to be. It's amazing how some people freak out of little things, when there is nothing really that bad. Had a note on my chair coming in this morning about a customer that was pissed. I called him and he was overly nice to me. People in life need to relax more. The don't understand that all you have to do is be nice to the person and your attitude will change. People need to lay off their energy drinks and quit being so strung out.

Yeah I agree. People need to look at the big picture sometimes and recognize that most things are quite trivial.

People do have a tendency blow things out of proportion. Usually for semi-decent reasons. Working in support, customers always think their issue is the biggest deal ever, but as the guy who sees everyone's issues I'm much better equipped to know that the one issue Customer A has is very trivial, especially if compared to a critical issue another customer may be having.

Generally this is more of an emotional response, or in the above cases if the only issue a customer has is small, but some higher up person puts pressure on the lower guy, the low guys get pretty worked up as we all know sh*t rolls downhill.

There is of course the opposite out there, where people go through their day to day thinking little about different actions or decisions that may at the time seem trivial to them, but not realizing the lasting impact it may have down the road...

Bad part with my job, I am always the one at the end of the hill. I have no one to pass anything onto. I am the bottom. :(

I hear you, for a couple more weeks, I hear you

Yep, I know the feeling.

Yeah, same employer, new title and slightly different line of work. Best I can describe it is support for support. Currently I work with partners implementing the product for a partner or with some customer IT staff directly. In a few weeks I'll move to being one of the guys that support goes to for additional help or for reporting an issue that requires a patch.

@@ndboarder so same company different Koolaid?

Just kidding... Congrats sir!

Sooo Boarder, what do you do actually? You do support for the support team? SO basically you support the support staff in supporting end users? Or in office space talk, you take the request from the customer to the engineer team(support staff) because you have people skills right? It's time for you meeting with the Bobs. I am kidding.

We add another layer. The support engineers take the request from the customer to the another team, and then that team takes it to the engineering team. I'll be moving from the support engineer team, to that additional middleman team. Mostly because I lack people skills....

Here this will explain it better:

IGmlYok.jpg

That's a pretty straight line. I would be better represented by a large messy pile of tangled cables

Let me explain the line of work nodle and I do. We work on broken crap that customers break then take crap from customers because it's broken. We then get crapped on by bosses. Of course now I am working for a big medical organization and the bigger the company the bigger the crap. Of course it's internal IT but crap is crap.

Congrats to you. Customers and Partners are the worst. Please fire Shelly Loser when you get a chance. :)

Back