Be a defensive driver

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving home yesterday from work I came up over a hill and was driving along and I notice the road was a little different color up the way so I slowed down. Some dump truck must had spilled not only dirt all over the road but small river rock gravel also. So I slowed down and drove over it. It was about 4 car lengths long and covered almost both lanes completely. After I passed over it I thought to myself, imagine if you are on a motorcycle? It was so bad you would need to crawl over it with a bike. Bad part it is riding season now around here to. A motorcycle could be flying down the road and come up on that fast and you would defiantly wreck on that loose gravel and dirt laying on top of blacktop. Always be on the look out for that type of stuff no matter what type of vehicle you drive.

Yes thanks for the reminder. Also need to be defensive with all the crazy drivers out there now. These guys with their big diesel trucks drive them like they are at the track. Cell phone in hand and running lights or driving on small rural streets at 35 not giving 1 single care. A while back I almost got hit by a guy running a red light.

sounds like you all better move east.

Back