All things related to the Xbox platforms

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Got my headphones over the weekend. They are really comfortable, I always noticed they don’t heat up either, even after long gaming sessions. The volume control is genius. They always get plenty loud. I did switch to DTS, from ATMOS, can’t really tell to much of a difference. I don’t know how the mic sounds, forgot to ask @C Pav . I think they are the best headphones and mic you can get for the Xbox right now hands down.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Has anyone tried out the remote play feature, I see with the last iOS update there is even more support for it?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Has anyone tried out the remote play feature, I see with the last iOS update there is even more support for it?

The last update to the Xbox app? Which remote play are you meaning? I assume the one where you setup the streaming from your Xbox to other devices, which has been possible since the Xbox one days. It has been improving and I think no longer requires being on the same network with the Xbox and device, so you can remote play. I have not tested that a lot, but it does work, though how well will depend if you are on the same network, or how good your upload speed is at home and download to phone is if remote.

Then there is Xbox Game Streaming (formerly xCloud), which has some level of public testing for those in the Xbox Insiders. This is the one where some games (not all, depends on publisher and whatever) are available to fire up some kind of cloud hosted xbox and you just stream the game from no where to your phone/tablet/PC - so eventually this would allow someone to potentially skip owning a console and just get Gamepass or maybe even purchase a digital Xbox game from the online store, then just stream the games from the cloud. I don't know what's currently able to be tested on iOS though, the App store policies made the app for this pretty worthless. Currently this is being moved to an in browser experience, which appears may be open for public to sign up to test: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Sorry I meant the last iOS update, on of the big fixes was for the Xbox remote play.

I think that's just an update to support the PS5 controller and newer Xbox controllers that Come with the Series S/X (have the share button). Bluetooth connectivity from Xbox One and PS4 controllers has worked since sometime in summer 2019. I've used my Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers with my phone for quite some time.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
w310e9w4kv171.jpg

Dat controller.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I see Microsoft Flight simulator is coming to Xbox's Game Pass. That should be fine, no longer need a PC for it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Glad to see they brought their custom controllers back, I have been seeing some pretty cool color combinations online lately.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator