All things related to the Xbox platforms

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Whoever greenlit the idea of raising Gold as much as they announced was an idiot. I think what they want is for people to just give up on gold and choose gamepass. That seems more clear after this move given a monthly Xbox Gamepass (no PC) is $10, so that would've been the same price or cheaper and gets all the games + it includes "Gold" membership for the same cost....

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Whoever greenlit the idea of raising Gold as much as they announced was an idiot. I think what they want is for people to just give up on gold and choose gamepass. That seems more clear after this move given a monthly Xbox Gamepass (no PC) is $10, so that would've been the same price or cheaper and gets all the games + it includes "Gold" membership for the same cost....
Ya when I first posted it I thought "is this a joke"? It was doubled wasn't it @ndboarder ? Glad they listened to the people.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Ya when I first posted it I thought "is this a joke"? It was doubled wasn't it @ndboarder ? Glad they listened to the people.

The yearly cost was doubled. The monthly sub price went up $1 or something minimal, but what they didn't point out was that the proposed change made a 6 month membership $59.99. Yes, that was still a deal compared to the Monthly payment, but $59.99 used to be for 12 months. So yeah, would've doubled for yearly subscribers - and it would've only been new subscribers, they said existing members would keep the old pricing. Either way, it was a terrible idea.

Just promote gamepass, it's a great value for people that want some game variety and includes Gold. Just keep doing what they are doing with the content that's on it and it will grow anyway. I look at gamepass as more or less free. Even at retail pricing a year is $180 for GamePass ultimate. That's the cost of 3 full games to have access to 100's of games. There are typically at least 3 games per year released by a MSFT studio that I want, and those are included immediately and forever in Gamepass, so for the cost of the 3 games, i get access to 100's more. If a person didn't care about the PC side and just had Xbox Gamepass, it's even a little cheaper.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
It looks like Microsoft is coming out with their own headphones for the Xbox.
51C093R3tlL._SL1200_.jpg

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
It looks like Microsoft is coming out with their own headphones for the Xbox.
If anyone were considering them, I'd hold out for some reviews. Microsoft has made some before, granted they were wired, but they were not all that comfortable or good. These new ones do look a lot nicer, maybe they've learned from the Surface headphones. For the $100 price tag and supporting both Xbox and PC they may be a great deal, but I'll have to wait and see what people think.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I actually head that these were quite good.
I think you mean the Surface headphones and yeah they are supposed to be decent. I just did not like the Xbox Stereo Headset they did with the Xbox one. This new Xbox headset looks better physically and hopefully they borrow a bit from the surface ones, even if they are quite a bit cheaper